Will Bernard Hopkins retire if he loses to Cloud?
By Omar Torres: Bernard Hopkins (52-6-2) was a world class fighter for most of his career, beating fighters like Roy Jones, Felix Trinidad, Oscar De La Hoya, Winky Wright, Kelly Pavlik, and Jean Pascal and also winning Ring Magazine belts in the middleweight and light heavyweight divisions. But there is one opponent that Bernard Hopkins or any fighter or athlete in the world can’t beat and that is father time.
Yes, Hopkins has impressively seem to have found the fountain of youth and still is performing at a high level for his age, as he has broken George Forman’s record in being the oldest boxer to win a championship title in 2011 as he beat Jean Pascal for the WBC light heavyweight title at 46 years old, But for how long will this last? Benard has already lost to a much stronger and younger Chad Dawson, and he is facing another younger and stronger fighter who is also the current IBF light heavyweight champion in Tavoris Cloud(24-0).
I do think that Hopkins is the more skilled, crafty, and the more experienced veteran fighter than Cloud, but I do think that Cloud will ware out Hopkins throughout the fight with his power and the resiliency of taking Hopkins punches and will unfortunately beat Bernard Hopkins. Cloud would of undoubtedly been destroyed by Hopkins if he would of been in his prime but in reality it’s unlikely. But yet again this is boxing and anything can happen in Brooklyn.
On March 9th at the Barclays center in Brooklyn, New York I will be attending the fight and I will hope to see the great Bernard Hopkins get his arm raised up in victory and break his own record in becoming the oldest Champion in boxing history. Will Hopkins retire if he does losses to Cloud? I don’t think he even knows that himself right now, it seems like he has no plans in retiring just yet because in his heart he still has his confidence and believes he is still a champion and Hopkins has said himself that “Age is not an enemy to me,” that tells you that he had a lot of fight left in him.
More Boxing News:
- Bernard Hopkins: Roy Jones Jr. beats Andre Ward
- Ryan Garcia vs Tank Davis happens soon – Bernard Hopkins
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Jermall Charlo being HYPED by Bernard Hopkins
- Joe Calzaghe top five most impressive wins
- Devin Haney CONFRONTS Bernard Hopkins after Ryan Garcia victory
- Whyte wants WBC to force Fury to fight him next in 2020
- Shakur Stevenson vs. Felix Caraballo possible for June 9
- Gassiev is better suited than Usyk at heavyweight – Abel Sanchez
- Evander Holyfield training with Wladimir Klitschko
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Billy Joe Saunders still expected for 2020 – Eddie Hearn