Ward blabbering on twitter about Carl Froch
By Marcus Stewart: Reigning WBA and WBC super middleweight champion Andre Ward has been going off on one on Twitter about Carl Froch saying things such as “Froch fans keep saying it wasn’t him in the ring the night we fought…then who was it…his twin brother??!!” and “Froch said he wasn’t himself when we fought, because he was HOME SICK.” Oh, do I detect some frustration from Ward? Bless, I mean I know the legendary Brit has made a comeback but it doesn’t mean “S.O.G” has to get jealous.
Andre Ward refuses to fight away from his comfort zone because he knows he will have a good chance of being exposed. He’s never gone into other fighters’ back yard and I really wonder how he’d cope against the Cobra in Nottingham. Personally I could see Ward melting under the pressure and in the process being caught with huge punches from Froch.
These tweets from Ward clearly do suggest that he’s frustrated because Froch is finally getting the recognition he deserves. He’s a much more entertaining fighter than Ward who tends to spoil and grabs hold. He seems to do more of that than actual fighting which is kind of what boxing is about. Ward will never be a major attraction in the apart because he isn’t pretty to watch, instead he’s extremely monotonous and boring. Froch on the other hand is exciting fast and extremely dedicated.
I’m confident that in a rematch Froch would knockout Ward, especially in Nottingham. I would advise Froch to not go to the states to fight Ward. Manny Pacquiao and Richard Abril were robbed of victories in the states already this year, it’d be a shame if the Cobra were to make it 3 in a row.
More Boxing News:
- Carl Froch: Kell Brook is cashing out against Terence Crawford on Nov.14
- Andre Ward previews Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez
- ESPN Re-Signs Andre Ward to New Multi-Year Deal
- Froch says Mike Tyson could gas after 4 rounds against Roy Jones Jr
- Andre Ward takes a shot at Eddie Hearn
- Oleksandr Usyk ready to “explode” against Dereck Chisora on Saturday
- Dave Allen taking risky fight against Christopher Lovejoy on Saturday
- VIDEO: Floyd is Right – Too many belts in Boxing
- Opinion: PPVs and Subscriptions – The Cost of Consuming Boxing
- Kell Brook – The Last Dance!