Adamek making a mistake by gaining weight for Aguilera fight
By Sean McDaniel: Former two division world champion Tomasz Adamek (44-2, 28 KO’s) appears to be reacting negatively to his 10th round TKO loss to WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko from last September by gaining weight up to 225lbs to fight Nagy Aguilera (17-6, 12 KO’s) on March 24th at the Aviator Sports Complex, in Brooklyn, New York, United States. The 35-year-old Adamek is gaining from 216lbs to 225lbs with the belief that he’ll have more power to compete with the giant heavyweights.
I think this could end up as a bad move for Adamek, because the one thing he had going for him was his speed after moving up to the heavyweight division from the cruiserweights in 2009. If you put on 10 pounds of weight, Adamek might not be as quick as he was before and he’ll likely not have any more power than he has right now because you usually don’t gain a lot in the way of power when you move up. If anything, you hurt yourself by losing speed in the process.
Adamek is only 6’2″ and doesn’t have a big frame to begin with. If you slap on 10 pounds on his already maxed out tiny frame, it could be enough for him to get beaten by the hard hitting Aguilera on March 24th. Adamek isn’t going to be the bigger puncher in this fight. That’s not going to happen, because Aguilera is naturally strong and isn’t someone pumped up from Adamek’s starting point of the light heavyweight division. Aguilera would love it if Adamek thinks he can stand toe-to-toe with him and trade shots. I’d pick Aguilera to win that kind of fight every day of the week, because it’s his game. Adamek is one of those hit and run fighters at the heavyweight level and he wins his fights by finesse rather than destroying guys.
More Boxing News:
- Beterbiev, Miller and Roman shine, Vargas disappoints
- Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller looks unbeatable at 317 lbs., wants Anthony Joshua
- Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller stops Tomasz Adamek – Results
- Jarrell ‘Big Baby Miller battles Tomasz Adamek tonight on DAZN
- Vargas vs Dulorme, Beterbiev vs Johnson & Miller vs Adamek – Weigh-in Results
- Errol Spence Jr motivated by the doubters
- Charlo vs. Derevyanchenko and Jermell vs Rosario preview & prediction
- Josh Taylor vs. Apinun Khongsong this Saturday on Sept.26
- Sergiy Derevyanchenko training camp quotes for Saturday against Jermall Charlo
- Kell Brook: I can hurt Terence Crawford 100%