Ward: Froch is a really arrogant guy and needs to be put in his place
By Scott Gilfoid: WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward (24-0, 13 KO’s) wants to shut WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch’s trap once and for all and can’t wait to get in the ring with him to shut him up.
Ward thinks Froch talks too much and sees him as deluded about his past fights against Andre Dirrell and Mikkel Kessler. Froch actually thinks he beat those two guys, when in reality Dirrell schooled him but lost to Froch in his home town of Nottingham. And Kessler defeated Froch by a 12 round decision last year in a fight that left no question who the better fighter was.
In an article by AFP at yahoo.com, Ward said “The guy [Froch] I’m fighting is doing a little bit too much talking. He’s a very arrogant guy and really needs to be humbled.”
Recently, Froch has been squawking about the bad cut that Ward suffered in a sparring session a week ago. The cut was bad enough to where Ward had to get seven stitches to sew up the wound.
Froch at first was doubtful that Ward was cut, but after he finally saw it, Froch said that he would have gone ahead and fought with the cut if it had been him that had been cut instead of Ward.
Somehow I find it hard to believe for a second that Froch would voluntarily go out and battle Ward with a cut that would likely pop open with the first shot Ward hits him in the opening round.
My guess is Froch would have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the ring with a cut the size of Ward’s, because I just can’t see Froch wanting to put himself behind the eight ball immediately before the first punch has been throwing.
Froch already has it bad enough as it is because of the incredible talent that Ward possesses. Ward is a huge betting favorite to win this fight, which should be taking place in December as long as the cut heals up okay.
More Boxing News:
- Andre Ward To Advise Gabriel Flores Jr
- Andre Ward wants Terence Crawford to stay busy
- Froch: Whyte would give Fury as tough a fight as Joshua
- Andre Ward says Tyson Fury made MISTAKE announcing Joshua fight, giving Wilder motivation
- Andre Ward: ‘Shakur Stevenson has NO ceiling’
- Gervonta Davis calling himself “130/135 King”
- Errol Spence has “screenshotted” his doubters, he’ll gloat after Nov.21
- Jermall Charlo gives Sergiy Derevyanchenko a warning: “What round is it going to be?”
- The Trio Vying For British Glory: Chad Sugden on Facing Shakan Pitters and Craig Richards
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz