Kell Brook a possibility for Froch-Ward undercard on December 17th
By William Mackay: Eddie Hearn, the promoter for undefeated number #2 ranked WBO welterweight contender Kell Brook (25-0, 17 KO’s), is talking about having Brook fight on the undercard of the Super Six finals bout between WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch and WBA champion Andre Ward on December 17th at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
That would be Brook’s first fight in the U.S if he lands on that card, and it would mean a lot of boxing fans in America would be seeing him for the first time, provided that his fight makes it on television.
Earlier tonight, Brook easily beat number #5 IBF ranked welterweight contender Rafal Jackiewicz (38-10-1, 19 KOs) by a 6th round TKO. Brook peppered the 34-year-old Jackiewicz with jabs and right hands and had an easy time of it. The fight was stopped by referee Howard Foster when it became too one-sided. Jackiewicz was supposed to be a tough test for Brook, but he turned out to be just another easy fight.
The good thing about tonight’s fight is that Brook was rarely hit by Jackiewicz, and will be able to return quickly to the ring on December 17th to fight if his promoter Hearn can get him on the card. There still isn’t an opponent in mind, but hopefully Hearn can find someone a level above the outclassed Jackiewicz in talent. Brook wants to fight IBF/WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan, but he’s not interested in is already scheduled to fight Lamont Peterson on December 10th.
Hearn also wants to set Brook up for a fight against IBF welterweight champion Andre Berto in Brook’s first fight in 2012. Hearn sees this as a huge fight that would take place in America.
After fighting Berto, Brook would then be matched against Amir Khan if he’ll agree to take the fight in 2012. That’s not likely because Khan appears to be looking for mainly light hitting opponents while trying to get a big payday bout against Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2012.
More Boxing News:
- Crawford fight looking SLIM for Brook in 2020
- Kell Brook confident Terence Crawford clash happens
- Andre Ward doesn’t see Anthony Joshua beating Tyson Fury
- Anthony Joshua responds to Carl Froch’s complaining about P4P list
- John Fewkes opens up on Kell Brook split and issue with Dominic Ingle
- Mike Tyson looking chiseled training for exhibition
- Manny Pacquiao reacts to Floyd Mayweather calling him an “OLD man”
- Gervonta Davis WARNS Ryan Garcia that he’ll slap him
- Mayweather could have ended Canelo’s career – Mauricio Sulaiman
- Chris Eubank Jr. still wants GGG and Canelo this year