Maidana doesn’t think Devon Alexander will want to fight him next – Boxing News
By Dan Ambrose: Light welterweight contender Marcos Maidana (29-2, 27 KO’s) was not impressed with what he saw of last weekends bout between WBC light welterweight champion Devon Alexander and WBO light welterweight champion Timothy Bradley in Pontiac, Michigan. Maidana says he thinks Alexander looked scared at the end of the fight when he quit after clashing heads with Bradley. Alexander is being mentioned as a potential opponent for Maidana to fight next on HBO. However, Alexander has a rematch clause with Bradley and he says he wants to fight him again.
HBO will have to decide whether they want to show that fight, which was incredibly boring to watch, or try and get Alexander to face Maidana. Alexander might not want to fight Maidana because it’s a very risky fight, as Maidana hits a lot harder than Bradley and is an arguably much better pressure fighter than him as well. Alexander seemed to crumble under Bradley’s pressure last Saturday night. If the light hitting Bradley could do that with Alexander, you can only wonder what the much harder punching Maidana would do to Alexander once he got his offense rolling. I can see Alexander staying steering clear of fighting Maidana and instead looking to take on some more soft touches while he waits for a rematch with Bradley.
Speaking on his twitter account, Maidana said “Last night’s bout [Alexander vs. Bradley] was a fiasco. Only Bradley wanted to fight. Alexander was scared, didn’t want to continue. Neither one really impressed me. I thought Alexander was one of the best. Just don’t get his total lack of willingness to win such an important fight. Bradley is strong, fast and talented. Yet, he’s not a marvelous fighters, is he? Nobody would pay a dime to see Bradley vs. Alexander II. Let’s see what they offer me next. Have no problem to fight Bradley or Alexander, yet I don’t think Devon would want to meet me in the ring.”
More Boxing News:
- Amir Khan to Marcos Maidana: “Let’s do it again”
- Marcos Maidana showing off SIX-Pack abs
- Marcos Maidana looking solid in training for comeback
- Mayweather denies having a tooth knocked out by Maidana
- Marcos Maidana trimming down for exhibition match
- VIDEO: Canelo vs Golovkin 3 – Will it happen in 2021?
- Boxing Results: The Clay Collard Story Continues in 2020: Stops Lorawnt Nelson in 2
- Thurman to Pacquiao: Come see me!
- Derevyanchenko’s trainer Rozier wants him to fight Charlo, not Canelo
- Jamel Herring to fight Carl Frampton in late 2020