Brandon Rios in a World of Trouble against Miguel Acosta
By Francisco Hernandez: Cocky kid Brandon Rios was disappointed that he couldn’t face Humberto Soto as had been planned and instead Bob Arum is supposed to of scheduled a rematch between Soto and Urbano Antillon. Brandon Rios will instead face Venezuelan lightweight champion Miguel Acosta in February. Brandon Rios should be careful in concentrating too much on Humberto Soto because his next opponent Miguel Acosta is no joke.
Miguel Acosta is the dark-horse of the lightweight division that everyone is overlooking. Most people forget how he handled Urbano Antillon like a child and then brutally knocked him out in the ninth round of their fight last year in July 2009. The same Antillon who looked great against Humberto Soto in their exciting fight this December was completely helpless and disarmed against Acosta.
If Brandon Rios thinks he can just walk in and hit Miguel Acosta he has a big surprise coming, he will get taken apart by the astute Venezuelan Acosta. Robert Garcia, Brandon’s trainer had better get advice on a good fight plan because Rios is going to need it. Rios won’t be able to bull rush Acosta, Antillon tried it and paid for it. This is a dangerous fight for Brandon Rios, probably more dangerous than against possible future opponent Humberto Soto who has a more simple and straightforward style than Miguel Acosta.
Bottom line is that if Brandon Rios doesn’t take this fight serious and he and Robert Garcia spend their time horse playing like 24/7 revealed in the Margarito episodes this year, he is going to get knocked out by Miguel Acosta, this guy is no chump.
More Boxing News:
- Brandon Rios retiring says Robert Garcia
- Brandon Rios congratulates Humberto Soto for win
- Humberto Soto defeats Brandon Rios – RESULTS
- Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto – weigh-in results
- Brandon Rios – Humberto Soto on Saturday – Where and How To Watch
- Boxing Results: Carlos Takam defeats Jerry Forrest
- Shakur Stevenson vacating his WBO 126-pound title
- Carl Frampton to fight on August 15
- Should Terence Crawford move back down to 140lbs?
- Emanuel Navarrete set to move up to 126