Broner vs Hutchinson Tonight: Start Time & Undercard Info
By Allan Fox: Adrien ‘The Problem’ Broner says he wants to entertain the fans tonight in his 10-round headliner against Bill Hutchinson at the Casino Miami Jai Alai, Miami.
The 33-year-old Broner (34-4-1, 24 KOs) isn’t worried about ring rust because he’s been training for a long time for this fight, so he expects to be sharp despite coming off a two-year layoff.
Broner last fought in February 2021 when he defeated Jovanie Santiago by a 12 round unanimous decision on Showtime. That fight wasn’t one of Broner’s better performances, but he’s a lot more dialed in now and in a better place.
ADRIEN BRONER VS. HUTCHINSON START TIME
- Date: Friday, June 9
- Time: 7 p.m. ET / 12 a.m. BST (Saturday in UK)
- The fight will be available on FITE TV in the U.S and UK
- The fight will take place at the Casino Miami Jai Alai in Miami, Florida.
- Main event ringwalks (approx): 11:00 p.m. ET / 4:00 a.m. BST (Saturday in UK)
It’s difficult to know what to expect of Broner’s opponent Hutchinson (20-2-4, 9 KOs) because he’s been fighting on a lower level against little-known opposition. With that said, if Broner isn’t the fighter that he was in the past, he could lose.
“I never dream small. I always dream big, and I personally know what I can do and what I bring to the table. Now, I got Don King] backing me,” said Adrien Broner during his press conference on Tuesday for his fight with Bill Hutchinson on June 9th.
Broner isn’t saying what the goal is for his comeback, but it’s believed that he wants to fight for a world title at 140. If that’s the case, he needs to pick wisely and steer clear of WBC champion Regis Prograis or IBF champ Subriel Matias because those guys would be a nightmare for Broner.
“To be brutally honest, I’m unstoppable, and everybody is going to see that. It’s not frustrating,” Broner said when asked if he’s frustrated that several of his opponents have had to drop out and were unable to fight him.
“I’ve been training for a long time, but it comes with the journey. I told myself when I looked in the mirror, ‘Whatever it takes.’ The tasks are still the same, and the goals are still the same, so I’m fine.
“I’ll be cool. I’ve been training, and once that bell rings, I’ll go to work. I don’t go into fights looking for knockouts. I just go into fights looking sharp, and get the job done. If the knockout presents itself, you know I’m taking it,” said Broner.
“We’re working hard, and on June 9th, we’re going to put on a show. On June 9th, I hope nobody misses it.
“I gave him a table full of money so that he knew that it was for real. M-O-N-E-Y,” said promoter Don King about Broner. “He’s a problem for anybody that’s out there. The most important thing is he’s a problem to the opponents. They know who he is when they get in the ring with him.
“Broner is going to stand his ground and hit you back, and you can’t hit him back. So that’s what we’re bringing you on June 9th,” said King.
ADRIEN BRONER VS. HUTCHINSON FIGHT CARD
- Adrien Broner vs. Bill Hutchinson; Welterweight
- Ahmed Elbiali vs. Rodolfo Gomez Jr; Light heavyweight
- Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Charlie Clemente; Bantamweight
- Neslan Machado vs. Jonathan Smith; Featherweight
- Antonio Perez vs. Nigel Fennell; Super lightweight
- Antonio Williams vs. Braulio Rodriuez; Lightweight
- Dorian Bostic vs. Joshua Clark; Lightweight
- Adlay Rodriguez vs. Raul Garcia Jr; Welterweight
- Brayan Leon vs. TBA; Middleweight
- Alex Esponda vs. TBA; Light middleweight
- Boxing Tonight: Zhang vs. Joyce II Start Time & Undercard Info
- Boxing Tonight: Hitchins vs Zepeda Start Time & Undercard Info
- Canelo Alvarez – Jermell Charlo Undercard Update
- Canelo vs Charlo: Date, Start Time & Undercard Info