Gervonta Davis WARNS Ryan Garcia that he’ll slap him
By Dan Ambrose: Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis didn’t take too kindly the little skit that ‘Kingry’ Ryan Garcia did in imitating him on his Youtube channel this week. Unbeaten lightweight champion Tank Davis (23-0, 22 KOs) said he’s going to put hands on him when the time comes.
In the skit, Ryan Garcia (20-0, 17 KOs) stuffed a cushion under his shirt to make himself look fat, and then he pretended to be Tank trying to sleep at night. Ryan made it look like Tank is having nightmares of getting hit by one of his left hooks. Each time Ryan is about to land his left hook, Tank wakes up and is startled.
Ryan has been taunting Tank Davis on social media for some time now, seeing that he wants to fight him. More than anyone in the 135-pound division, the 21-year-old Garcia wants to face Tank.
Tank warns Ryan Garcia
“Everything is all fun and games until I slap the dog s*** out of this little kid,” said Gervonta Davis on social media in reacting to a skit that Ryan Garcia did on his Youtube channel, mocking him. ”
It’s going to be fun to see Davis and Ryan fight in the future. The promoters for these two fighters can’t afford to wait too long before they make it, since one of them could lose.
The views of the boxing world are split on which of these two fighters will win their eventual fight. Some fans think the hard-hitting, bulldog-like Tank Davis (23-0, 22 KOs) will have too much power for Ryan to deal with, other fans believe than Ryans’ speed will be too much.
Garcia’s promoters at Golden Boy Promotions will likely hold off for a while longer to let him mature more. They want the Ryan Garcia vs. Tank Davis match to marinate more before they put them in with each other.
You benefit nothing from complaining and making excuses get up and move forward
— Ryan Garcia (@KingRyanG) May 24, 2020
These are the fighters at 135 that have bad blood:
- Ryan Garcia vs. Tank Davis
- Teofimo Lopez vs. Devin Haney
What’s strange is that Teofimo Lopez (15-0, 12 KOs) has more animosity towards WBC lightweight champion Devin Haney (24-0, 15 KOs) than he does WBA/WBC/WBO champion Vasiliy Lomachenko, who he’s facing next this year. Haney has been taking shots at Teofimo in interviews and social media, and he’s got him upset.
Compared to the other top lightweights, Lomachenko doesn’t spend a lot of time on social media.
Tank Davis has recently knockout wins over Yuriorkis Gamboa, Ricardo Nunez, Hugo Ruiz, and Jesus Marcelo Andres Cuellar. Davis has knocked out his last 14 opponents dating back to 2014.
More Boxing News:
- Gervonta Davis vs. Leo Santa Cruz – 4 more weeks
- Teofimo Lopez says Tank Davis will be dehydrated for Leo Santa Cruz fight
- Luke Campbell vows to “punish” Ryan Garcia for his trash-talking
- Ryan Garcia vs. Luke Campbell possible for Nov.14 in California
- Devin Haney picks Ryan Garcia to easily beat Luke Campbell
- Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller blaming his recent drug test on a sex pill
- Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder 3 in doubt for 2020
- Oleksandr Usyk vs. Dereck Chisora on DAZN & Sky Box Office Pay-Per-View on Oct.31
- Live Stream: Jermell Charlo vs. Rosario / Jermall Charlo vs. D-chenko Presser
- Dillian Whyte: I only need to make minor adjustments for Povetkin rematch