Floyd Mayweather Jr. gives a candid message
By Jeff Aronow: Floyd Mayweather Jr. took to social media this week to discuss the recent loss of family members, and he says he wants to help people that are needy right now. With the pandemic putting most Americans out of work, Mayweather states that he wants to give money to help. Losing family members was difficult for Mayweather, and now he’s dealing with the pandemic. It’s one thing after another impacting Mayweather’s life.
Mayweather says he’s going to be helping behind the scenes, and he won’t be broadcasting where he spreads his money around. With a net worth estimated between $700 million and $1 billion, according to Investopedia, Mayweather has a lot of money to give to people if he so chooses. Mayweather is arguably the wealthiest fighter in the history of boxing, and he’s still not done.
Recently, Mayweather been training and mentioning Conor McGregor’s name. Those two fought in 2017, and Mayweather made $300 million from the fight. Adding another $300 million to Mayweather’s existing immense fortune is going to put him up there with some of the wealthiest tycoons from a bygone era.
Mayweather talks about wanting to help
“It hurts to see what the world is going through. I want us to stick together. No one is perfect, and I strive to be a perfectionist every day, but no one is perfect. I make mistakes all the time. All I can do is come back. But I’m here to help this world become a better place.
“So, with everything going on, I’m going to continue to do my part. I don’t have to show the world. I can do things behind closed doors.
“It’s not about the money. The money I will be giving up, it’ll be to feed the people and help the people that don’t have a lot now in this situation. I will continue to give back, and I will never talk about it, as long as God knows I’m doing a good deed, that’s what’s important to me.
To everyone in the world, I’m Floyd Mayweather and the ‘Money Team,’ we love you all. We will always be there for this country, and this world,” said Mayweather.
It would be an excellent idea for Mayweather to help those in need until the economy is restarted by the U.S president and the State governors. There are a lot of boxers who aren’t working as well. Some of them are having a hard time.
More Boxing News:
- Mayweather reacts to Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr fight announcement
- Floyd Mayweather: Pacquiao fights because he has to, I fight because I want to
- Oscar Valdez BLAMES Mayweather for fighter ducking the best
- Ricky Hatton feels CHEATED in loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr
- Floyd Mayweather Jr hinting about an exhibition fight in 2020
- Gervonta Davis calling himself “130/135 King”
- Errol Spence has “screenshotted” his doubters, he’ll gloat after Nov.21
- Jermall Charlo gives Sergiy Derevyanchenko a warning: “What round is it going to be?”
- The Trio Vying For British Glory: Chad Sugden on Facing Shakan Pitters and Craig Richards
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz