Ryan Young Blasts Out Wagner results
When the dust settled following United Boxing Promotions’ short but thrilling main event last night in Mississauga, Ryan Young (10-0-0, 8KOs) of Oakville, Ontario, was the lone man standing in the ring. His opponent, Ryan Wagner (6-4-0, 3KOs) of Orangeville, was sent sprawling through the ropes, while the referee waved off the fight and hurriedly tended to the fallen boxer. In less than three rounds, Young administered three knockdowns, walking away with the KO victory and the Canadian super welterweight crown. Young’s combination of patience and power was utterly devastating. If last night is any indication of what’s to come, the hard-hitting champion may enjoy a very long reign.
In the co-main event, welterweight Cody “The Crippler” Crowley (9-0-0, 4KOs) of Douro, Ontario, showcased his conditioning and movement against Argentinean foe Marcelo Fabian Bzowski (8-3-1) in an eight rounder. Although Bzowski regularly resorted to a clinching style of work, Crowley made space and controlled the fight, dominating his more experienced opponent from bell to bell.
In other action, Brock Arthur (3-1-1, 1KOs) of Whitby returned to the cruiserweight division after a stint at heavyweight to decision Lyndon Chambers (1-3-0) of Barrie; Super welterweight Aurey Cox (5-0-0, 2KOs) of Orangeville remained undefeated with a grueling decision win over David Martinez (7-2-0, 1KOs) of Mexico; Cruiserweight Fabian Alberto Salcedo (2-1-0) of Argentina took a decision over Jason Alexander (0-3-0) of Collingwood; Super welterweights Winston Matthews (1-0-1,1KOs) of Brantford and Steve Rainford (1-3-1,1KOs) of London battled to a draw; Middleweight prospect Luis Valdivia (3-0-1, 1KOs) of Brampton drew with Jesus Ortega (2-2-1) of Mexico; and cruiserweight Abokan Bokpe (3-0-0, 1KOs) of Bowmanville stopped Hugo Daniel Casanovas (3-2-0, 2KOs) of Argentina.
The next big show will be a co-promotion between United Boxing Promotions and Eye of the Tiger Management on November 17, when Simon Kean, Josh O’Reilly, and Tim Cronin will all be in action at the Hershey Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. You can purchase your tickets today by visiting www.unitedpromotions.ca or calling 855-985-5000.
More Boxing News:
- Shakur Stevenson and Jessie Magdaleno to Headline June Cards
- Ricky Burns still has ‘a year or two left’ of remarkable story
- CES Boxing & Boston Boxing Offer Mike Tyson $1,000,000
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- Dillian Whyte and Francis Ngannou meet in press conference on Saturday
- Denis Douglin spars with Floyd Mayweather Jr, gives details
- Crawford vs. Pacquiao possible for Bahrain in 2020
- Anthony Joshua WON’T fight Mike Tyson
- Arum reacts to Spence wanting Crawford, Danny Garcia & Pacquiao fights
- Golovkin prefers Kamil Szeremeta over Canelo trilogy