Froch clear winner over Kessler
By Stevie Ocallaghan: After a tremendous fight last Saturday night between two great fighters, IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch (31-2, 22 KO’s) got some redemption in defeating a tough as hell Mikkel Kessler (46-3, 35 KO’s) by a 12 round unanimous decision at the O2 Arena in London, England. A fairly close fight, but Carl for me won by two clear rounds.
After the first fight three years ago there was never any danger of this being a boring Andre Ward style of fight, both of these guys came to fight. Don’t believe what you read from some of the writers around, this was a great fight, and yes somebody from Britain can actually fight, but according to some, you wonder why a Brit even enters the ring.
Andre Ward after the fight said Froch needs to fight in America, because that’s where it matters. My question to Ward is why? Does America have more world champions than the rest of the world. No. Ward stated that he had to fly to his fight in Atlantic City, but it was still his country. A true champion can win anywhere. That’s the reason guys like Froch and Kessler will fight anywhere.
Don’t get me wrong, Andre Ward is a wonderful talent, but like Adrien Broner, even his home fans aren’t really that interested in selling out there fights, but guys like Froch and Kessler sell out all over the world.
A great fight, worthy of a world title fight and the correct result. I wouldn’t want to see a third as Kessler has too many miles on the clock now but he has given the world some great fights and in time has earned his place in the hall of fame.
Leaving Carl’s idiotic statement that even he was embarrassed about, these two guys have the utmost respect for each other, two genuine warriors and two good guys.
On the subject of Andre Ward, Froch has two belts now and if I’m not mistaken , Ward has an emeritus belt which really means he is no longer a champion but we want to make him feal that he still is. Froch can name his place and price and doesn’t have to pander to the Americans way.
Like Floyd Mayweather , Andre Ward likes to be on home soil and doesn’t want to fight away from home, something that true warriors like Carl Froch nd Mikkel Kessler are not scared to do.
More Boxing News:
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Carl Froch And Barker Talk Fighting On The Road In ‘The Rounds’
- Anthony Joshua responds to Carl Froch’s complaining about P4P list
- Carl Froch NOT interested in Andre Ward rematch
- Carl Froch fires back at Joe Calzaghe
- Dana White says Dillian Whyte vs. Francis Ngannou epress conference NOT happening
- Spence vs. Garcia, Tank Davis vs. Santa Cruz & Chocolatito vs. Estrada 2 planned for U.S boxing return
- Ryan Garcia: Teofimo Lopez is desperate as they come
- Tyson Fury ahead of Anthony Joshua in Forbes’ highest paid athletes list
- Ivan Baranchyk vs. Jose Zepeda on July 7 on ESPN in Las Vegas