Can Audley still be a contender?
Earlier tonight, 41-year-old Audley Harrison for the second time has took the Prizefighter title at Ŷork Hall London. To me, Audley is an enigma. A former Olympic champion, Audley Harrison has flattered to deceive, but tonight, he finally looked like the fighter that won a gold medal in Sydney.
I watched Audley fight David Haye and David Price, and he he froze. Audley is a big heavyweight but for the first time at 41, he looked like the fighter that he always told us he would be. Audley lost a few years ago against a good friend in Martin Rogan. Rogan is the type of guy you don’t want to fight in a bar brawl, but tonight big Audley showed a lot of boxing class in nullifying all of Rogan’s attacks
In the final tonight, Derrick Rossay, a good heavyweight was tired, but Harrison never gave him a second. David Haye, arguably the best heavyweight on the world after Wlad was screaming for Audley to win the prize. That shows the respect that Haye, a great fighter has.
Got to say that at 41, that was the best he looked. Audley will never win a world title but he can compete at a decent level. While watching the fight, a good friend asked me if Audley would give heavyweight Tyson Fury a good fight. My reply, on those performances is o actually think he could beat Fury
More Boxing News:
- Audley Harrison: Open Letter To Chris Eubank Sr
- Audley Harrison Agrees Settlement With MGN Ltd Over Voicemail Hacking
- Harrison thinks Fury could beat Wladimir easier this time
- Audley thinks Haye can beat Joshua
- Audley Harrison talks Joshua, Haye, More
- David Benavidez 2.8 pounds overweight, loses WBC title for Roamer Angulo fight
- Porter analyzes Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia, expects to fight the winner
- VIDEO: Featherweights – Boxing Survey Series Part 3
- Teofimo Lopez to be made ‘Franchise champion’ if he beats Vasiliy Lomachenko
- Andy Ruiz Jr. and Chris Arreola have agreed to fight in late 2020