Ward interested in fighting Froch again
By Scott Gilfoid: Having already beaten Carl Froch back in December of last year in the Super Six finals in taking Froch’s WBC title, WBA/WBC super middleweight champion Andre Ward is open to fighting Froch again to beat him even worse in the second fight if Froch is willing to get in the ring with him again. Froch has already said that he would like to fight Ward in last 2013, but it’s unclear whether Froch was really serious or not.
Ward said to the bbc.co.uk He [Froch] seems to think he got a raw deal or the fight was closer than it really was, so why not give him another opportunity?…The fight was no as close as he was saying.”
Ward went onto say that he beat Froch with a broken left hand and in a rematch it’ll be much more one-sided with Ward fighting with a healthy left hand.
For Froch to get to the fight with Ward, he kind of has to run through a gauntlet by taking on and beating both Lucian Bute and Mikkel Kessler in rematches. If Froch is beaten by any one of those fighters along the way then you can pretty much forget about a Froch vs. Ward rematch because Ward likely won’t want to face a guy that was picked off by other fighters. Ward already whipped Kessler with ease back in 2009 in one of Ward’s easiest fights in many years. Froch got beat by Kessler.
It would be nice to see Ward fight and beat Froch again, but the odds of them fighting are kind of slim because of the two fights that Froch has to win before can even get to Ward. Additionally, Froch would have to agree to come to Oakland, California to fight Ward because Ward, the holder of two belts and the fighters that many boxing fans see as the best super middleweight in the division, shouldn’t be expected to come to the UK to fight the guy he already beat in Froch. I don’t think Froch will agree to fight Ward in the U.S, so that will then ruin any chances of the fight being made.
More Boxing News:
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Carl Froch And Barker Talk Fighting On The Road In ‘The Rounds’
- Andre Ward doesn’t see Anthony Joshua beating Tyson Fury
- Anthony Joshua responds to Carl Froch’s complaining about P4P list
- Carl Froch NOT interested in Andre Ward rematch
- Andy Lee: Tyson Fury mentally BREAKS Anthony Joshua and stops him
- Mayweather & Haney working out on mitts; Tank Davis still a problem
- Luis Ortiz fighting in August or September, wants Mike Tyson
- Errol Spence GLOATING on taking Keith Thurman’s spot at the top of 147 lb division
- Gervonta Davis days with Mayweather Promotions could be numbered