Hearn rules out Kessler-Froch for November 17th
By Scott Gilfoid: IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch needs a high profile opponent for his next fight in November, and right now it’s not looking good for him unless Froch is willing to take on someone dangerous like Andre Dirrell or the winner of the August 17th IBF super middleweight eliminator bout between Adonis Stevenson vs. Don George. Don’t hold your breath waiting for Froch to fight the winner of that fight or Dirrell.
In responding to speculation made about Froch possibly fighting Mikkel Kessler on November 17th, Froch’s promoter Eddie Hearn said on his twitter “Yes, you are back in November @ryanTankAston [Ryan Aston] but Froch is not fighting Kessler!…Def not happening in November.”
That’s a no-brainer. Of course Froch isn’t going to be fighting Kessler in November. They’ll be lucky if this fight can be made in 2013 unless they’re open to fighting in a neutral venue or Denmark. I can’t see that happening.
Okay, so we already know that Kessler and unbeaten super middleweight talent Thomas Oosthuizen are off the list of potential opponents for Froch in November. Here’s basically what’s left for Froch:
Pavlik isn’t much of an option unless Froch agrees to fight him in the U.S, and that’s probably not going to happen. As I said previously, Dirrell is probably off the list as well. I don’t see any point in Froch fighting Andrade because he was recently stopped by Oosthuizen victim Rowland Bryant.
Bika is probably too dangerous for Froch, so I see him off the list as well.
So basically it comes down to this: either Froch faces the winner of the Stevenson-George fight or he’ll likely have to settle for a fringe level contender that no will care to see him fight.
This will be like one of Kell Brook’s fights where Hearn has a lot of ideas about big named opponents he wants to put Brook in with, but then has to settle for lesser names. Froch might as well not fight at all in November and simply wait until next year to fight a rematch against former IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute in Montreal, Canada.
More Boxing News:
- Froch says Mike Tyson could gas after 4 rounds against Roy Jones Jr
- Froch: Whyte would give Fury as tough a fight as Joshua
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Carl Froch And Barker Talk Fighting On The Road In ‘The Rounds’
- Anthony Joshua responds to Carl Froch’s complaining about P4P list
- Fury advises Joshua to vacate WBO belt to duck Oleksandr Usyk
- Jose Pedraza dominates Javier Molina in one-sided 10-round decision win
- Boxing Results: Erickson Lubin decisions Terrell Gausha; Jaron Ennis KOs Abreu
- Daniel Jacobs could face Gabe Rosado or John Ryder in the fall
- Hearn wants Wilder to speak up about Fury fight