Brook: Jones is going to need a plan A, B, and C against me
By Scott Gilfoid: Unbeaten Kell Brook (27-0, 18 KO’s) is still belly aching about having his feathers ruffled by American talent Carson Jones (34-8-2, 24 KO’s) in their press conferences together and on twitter. It seems that Brook can dish it out but he doesn’t like it when Jones fires back with his own thoughts about their July 7th fight at the Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield, Yorkshire, UK. What a pity.
Brook said to the Dailystar.co.uk “He riled me at the press conference, running his mouth…He was disrespectful to me…On July 7 he won’t be talking any more. He’ll be standing opposite me in my hometown in front of my fans. He’ll have to bring plans A, B and C along because he won’t be ready for what I am going to throw at him.”
Where have I heard this kind of talk before? Brook is starting to sound like Carl Froch with Brook’s talk about fighting in front of his loyal British fans. It looks like Brook is counting on the Brits to do the job for him by unnerving with their loud yelping on July 7th. Why can’t Brook just talk about what he himself can do instead of having to bring the fans into it?
Does Brook lack self confidence that he can do the job without help from his fans? When I see a fighter yapping about how his fans are going to give him an edge in the fight, that tells me that the fighter doesn’t believe he can do it on his own.
Jones has got the power advantage in this fight with his huge right hand. He’s also got the experience and speed advantage as well. About the only thing I can see as an advantage for Brook is his fans given that the fight will be help in the UK. But that’s not going to be a enough, because Jones is a well traveled pro and is used to being the visiting fighter.
- Eddie Hearn meets with Amir Khan today to discuss Kell Brook fight
- ‘Amir Khan vs. Kell Brook is an auction’ says Eddie Hearn
- Eddie Hearn on Brook – Khan talks, prefers Khan-Benn & Whyte-Martin
- Kell Brook: ‘Let’s get to it, Amir Khan
- Ring Magazine removes Oscar Valdez from 130-lb rankings due to phentermine positive test
- Deontay Wilder will attack Tyson Fury’s midsection says trainer Don House
- Julian ‘J-Rock’ Williams added to Fury vs. Wilder 3 card on Oct.9th
- Mikey Garcia vs. Sandor Martin contested at 145-lb catchweight on Oct.16th on Dazn