Carl Froch will be the first to knock Glen Johnson out cold on June 4th
By Mike Gamm: In the Super-Six semi-finals on June 4th, Carl the (Cobra) Froch (27- 1- 20KO’s) is scheduled to fight the 42 year old veteran Glen Johnson (51- 14- 2- 35KO’s). Froch will be defending his (World Boxing Council) Super middleweight title in the Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA.
The winner of this fight advance to the final with (WBA) champion Andre Ward (24- 0- 13KO’s) who secured a place in the final with a dominating unanimous decision win over Arthur Abraham. On saturday night Look for Glen Johnson to come forward and get knocked silly by one of Frochs uppercut’s.
This fight is an interesting one for me because it is an unclear mismatch, these styles clash big time and i will be sure to watch it. Other people have claimed Carl Froch’s style is perfect for Johnson and see the fight going Johnson’s way, it is simply the other way round. I have followed Johnson for years now and i have always been surprised with his style, who he has beaten and who he has lost to, but the fact is Glen Johnson has not been in the ring with a boxer the quality of Froch since 1997 with Bernard Hopkins when Johnson was in his prime. He is coming up against a prime Carl Froch who is wanting to prove a point and is just on a different level and i’m afraid to say its all over for Johnson this saturday.
This is my prediction:
Johnson is coming into this bout confident having trained hard for several months on end. He will not be looking for an easy slow paced fight, he will be looking to win. Carl Froch will expose all his weaknesses as a fighter in 2 rounds and make him look his age. Johnson will get desperate and bring the fight to Froch, having watched Johnson fight for a number of years you can see what his reaction will be when he is getting outboxed by the younger, faster, stronger man. I think his hooks will start to get wilder and sloppier as the fight goes on and he doesn’t know what he is in for because i predict Carl Froch will catch Glen in the later rounds and his old legs will be shot. I think this fight will be a candidate for the KO of the year and maybe even the fight of the year.
Froch already see’s himself moving on after Johnson and beating Ward and thinking of a rematch with Kessler and then a move up to light heavyweight to contend for a title there late next year.
More Boxing News:
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Carl Froch And Barker Talk Fighting On The Road In ‘The Rounds’
- Anthony Joshua responds to Carl Froch’s complaining about P4P list
- Carl Froch NOT interested in Andre Ward rematch
- Carl Froch fires back at Joe Calzaghe
- Nonito Donaire motivated for ‘The Takeover’ at 118
- Andy Lee: Tyson Fury mentally BREAKS Anthony Joshua and stops him
- Mayweather & Haney working out on mitts; Tank Davis still a problem
- Luis Ortiz fighting in August or September, wants Mike Tyson
- Errol Spence GLOATING on taking Keith Thurman’s spot at the top of 147 lb division