(Credit: Lucas Noonan/Premier Boxing Champions) By Dan Ambrose: It looks like WBA World junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (22-2-2, 13 KOs) will be sticking it out at 154 unless he gets one of the big names from the middleweight division to face him. Lara says he wants fights against Miguel Cotto and Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, and would be willing to move up to the 160lb division to make those fights happen.
Unfortunately, the 32-year-old Lara could be waiting for the rest of his career for those fights to happen, because neither of those fighters have mentioned Lara’s names recently. It’s not likely that Cotto and Canelo will bother fighting Lara at this point.
(Photo credit: Premier Boxing Champions) By Jim Dower: In a huge mismatch, WBA World junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (22-2-2, 13 KOs) retained his WBA 154lb title on Wednesday in stopping an injured and old looking 39-year-old former IBF welterweight champion Jan Zaveck (35-4, 19 KOs) in the 3rd round in a fight televised on Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN from the Hialeah Park Race Track, in Hialeah, Florida, USA.
(Photo credit: Lucas Noonan/Premier Boxing Champions) By Tim Fletcher: WBA World junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (21-2-2, 12 KOs) successfully made weight on Tuesday for his title defense against 39-year-old #8 WBA Jan Zaveck (35-3, 19 KOs) on Wednesday night on Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN from the Hialeah Park Race Track, in Hialeah, Florida.
By Chris Williams: With 32-year-old WBA World junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (21-2-2, 12 KOs) having exhausted all the possibilities of big money fights in the 154lb division after his controversial 12 round split decision loss to Saul “Canelo” Alvarez last year in July 2014, Lara is reportedly going to be moving up to the middleweight division [160] after his title defense this month against 39-year-old #8 WBA Jan Zaveck (35-3, 19 KOs) on Wednesday, November 25th on Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN at the Hialeah Park Race Track, in Hialeah, Florida.
By Dan Ambrose: WBA World junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (21-2-2, 12 KOs) will be defending his WBA 154lb title next month against 39-year-old #8 WBA, #10 WBO contender Jan Zaveck (35-3, 19 KOs) in a fight on November 25th on Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN from the Hialeah Park Racing and Casino in Miami, Florida.
By Dan Ambrose: Unbeaten welterweight contender Keith Thurman (20-0, 18 KO’s) made a fan out of former IBF welterweight champion Jan Zaveck (32-3, 18 KO’s) after being him badly in a one-sided 12 round unanimous decision last Saturday night on the Bernard Hopkins vs. Tavoris Cloud undercard on HBO. Thurman hurt Zaveck a number of times in the fight and completely shut him out by the scores of 120-108, 120-108 and 120-108.
By Dan Ambrose: Undefeated welterweight contender Keith Thurman (20-0, 18 KO’s) made the mistake of addressing WBA welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi at Thurman’s post-fight press conference last Saturday night following his lopsided 12 round unanimous decision victory over former IBF welterweight champion Jan Zaveck at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
By Dan Ambrose: Among the top fighters that unbeaten Keith Thurman (19-0, 18 KO’s) wants to fight in the near future is WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (41-0-1, 30 KO’s) if Thurman can get past former IBF welterweight champion Jan Zaveck (32-2, 18 KO’s) on Saturday night in their WBO welterweight eliminator bout on HBO at the Barclays Center, in Brooklyn, New York, USA.
By Scott Gilfoid: Undefeated #4 WBA welterweight contender Keith “One Time” Thurman (19-0, 18 KO’s) says he’s gunning for WBO welterweight champion Tim Bradley, WBA welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi or the winner of the IBF clash between 147 lb. champion Devon Alexander and Kell Brook, if Thurman can get past former IBF welterweight champion Jan Zaveck (32-2, 18 KO’s) this Saturday night in their WBO welterweight eliminator bout at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
By Allan Fox: Undefeated welterweight contender Keith Thurman (19-0, 18 KO’s) sees himself totally dominated former IBF welterweight champion Jan Zaveck (32-2, 18 KO’s) on Saturday night in their WBO welterweight title eliminator bout on the undercard of the Bernard Hopkin vs. Tavoris Cloud bout on HBO at the Barclays Center, in Brooklyn, New York, USA.