Boxing Results: Jean Pascal Defeats Fanlong Meng!
Former two-time world champion Jean Pascal (36-6-1, 20 KOs) scored a 12-round unanimous decision win over Chinese contender Fanlong Meng (17-1, 10 KOs) in the inaugural ProBox TV event on Friday night in Plant City, Florida.
Pascal won with scores of 116-111, 115-112 and 114-113. The event took place at the ProBox Events Center.
“The layoff affected my timing,” said Jean Pascal. “I tried to take the fight round-by-round. He was a very tough fighter, more than I expected. I saw that I could hurt him, so I pushed and pushed him. I tried to knock him out.”
Below are the results for the quarterfinals of the Last Chance Tournament. All fights were scheduled for eight rounds in the super lightweight division.
· Joseph Fernandez (13-1, 4 KOs) of St. Petersburg, Florida defeated Zhiming Wang (11-4, 3 KOs) of Wuhan, China by unanimous decision. Scorecards: 74-78, 75-77 and 74-78
· Kendo Castañeda (18-5, 9 KOs) of San Antonio, Texas scored a first-round knockout victory over Sonny Frederickson (21-6, 14 KOs) of Toledo, Ohio. The time of stoppage: 2:02.
· Michael Dutchover (16-2, 10 KOs) of Midland, Texas scored a split decision win over Clarence Booth (21-5, 13 KOs) of St. Petersburg, Florida. One judge had it 77-75 for Booth, while two others had it 78-74 and 77-75 for Dutchover.
· Antonio “Toño” Moran (27-5-1, 19 KOs) of Mexico City, Mexico beat Jeffrey Torres (10-1, 6 KOs) of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania via unanimous decision. Moran won with scores of 77-75, 79-73 and 77-75.
In the semifinal, Dutchover will face Castañeda and Moran will face Fernandez
Further undercard results:
Lightweight prospect Jusiyah Shirley (5-0, 4 KOs) of Orlando, Florida scored a six-round unanimous decision win over Miguel Perez (12-13-2, 8 KOs) of Sinaloa, Mexico. Shirley won with three scores of 53-60.
Super middleweight prospect Daniel Blancas (2-0, 1 KO) of Milwuakee, Wisconsin scored a unanimous decision win over Heinrich Caceres (0-1) of Asuncion, Paraguay in a four-round bout. Blancas won with four scores of 40-36.
ABOUT PROBOX TV
ProBox TV is the first and only global sports streaming and media company dedicated exclusively to the sport of professional boxing. Founded by former CEO of Iron Mike Productions Garry Jonas in partnership with the legendary Roy Jones Jr., Juan Manuel Marquez, Antonio Tarver, and Paulie Malignaggi, ProBox TV’s mission is to deliver real boxing fans an improved experience when watching and following the sport—all for the nominal monthly price of $1.99. Download the ProBox TV app or visit www.ProBoxTV.com to learn more. Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Reddit.
- Zhang vs. Joyce II – Date, Start Time & Undercard Info
- Hitchins vs Zepeda: Date, Start Time & Undercard Info
- Canelo vs Charlo: Date, Start Time & Undercard Info
- Katie Taylor vs Cameron Rematch: Date, Start Time & Undercard Info