VIDEO: Featherweights – Boxing Survey Series Part 3
Rummy`s Corner: Welcome to Part 3 of the Boxing Survey Series. In this edition our attention as directed at the Featherweight division in an attempt to rank the greatest Featherweight boxers of all time.
That is what this is. The Boxing Survey Series is simply an attempt to rank the greatest boxers of All Time. 24 participants were surveyed in total, with each being required to supply and submit nine total lists. Each participant provided a Top 15 list for each of the traditional eight weight classes – flyweight, bantamweight, featherweight, lightweight, welterweight, middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight, and each participant also submitted a Top 25 list of the all time best boxers during the long rich history of the sport. No ties were allowed, just straightforward lists numbered sequentially. The participants are those who generally express great interest in the realm of learning more about the wonderful history of prizefighting. In an attempt to help create an element of surprise, the scoring system was not revealed to the participants during the period when the open survey was underway.
The current Featherweight limit of 126 pounds was established in 1909, but the division’s history runs back even further. There have been many outstanding Hall of Fame boxers who made a name for themselves in the Featherweight division, including names like Salvador Sanchez, Willie Pep, George Dixon, and Sandy Saldivar to name a few. In more recent times, boxers like Manny Pacquiao, Naseem Hamed. Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez, and Marco Antonio Barrera have all spent time at this weight class. So who is the greatest Featherweight of all time? This survey attempts to provide an answer to that question, while also exploring a deeper look into historical Featherweight rankings.
This edition of Rummy’s Corner is the 3rd of 9 parts in the new Boxing Survey Series, which will review scoring system while also going through the Top 10 point tallies among Featherweights, while examining some of the survey data. Please watch and enjoy the video for the results of Part 3 of the Boxing Survey Series – the Featherweight division.
More Boxing News:
- Boxing History: Charley Burley
- Mairis Briedis considering a move to heavyweight
- Boxing Results: Filip Hrgovic destroys Alexandre Kartozia
- Boxing Results: Mairis Briedis defeats Yuniel Dorticos to win WBSS tournament
- Boxing Results: Tony Yoka destroys Johann Duhaupas in 1st round TKO
- Andy Ruiz Jr to fight in early 2021, starts training with Reynoso & Canelo today
- Devin Haney: Gamboa fight is a done deal, I can hurt him
- Oscar de La Hoya looking fast and powerful in mitts workout
- Canelo Alvarez has refiled his lawsuit against Golden Boy and DAZN
- Porter: Erislandy Lara is the next guy for Jermell Charlo at 154