Proksa has little chance of beating Golovkin
By Dan Ambrose: On September 1st, we’re going to get a big example of what happens when you take an EBU level fighter in EBU middleweight champion Grzegorz Proksa (28-1, 21 KO’s) and throw him in with a world champion in WBA World middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (23-0, 20 KO’s) with tons of amateur experience at the Olympic level. It’s not going to be pretty.
Proksa doesn’t have the size, doesn’t boxing ability, and doesn’t have the experience to compete with a world class fighter like Golovkin. We’re going to find out quickly that Proksa doesn’t belong in the same ring with Golovkin.
It’s not like Proksa hasn’t already been exposed, however. He was soundly beaten by Kerry Hope last March in a 12 round decision defeat. Proksa fell apart from the pressure from Hope and he couldn’t handle it.
Golovkin is a lot better than Hope and a much bigger hitter. when he starts connecting to Proksa’s unprotected chin, he’ll have him down in short order. Proska has a style of fighting that isn’t suited for his lack of hand speed. He gets hit too much, but he’s gotten away with it because of his mostly poor opposition. On September 1st, Proksa is going to be making a huge step up in class and it’s going to be a huge shock for him when he suddenly realizes how much better Golovkin is compared to the lower level guys that he’s fought in the past.
Golovkin will be landing huge shots, and with Proksa trying to be slick by fighting with his hands down by his sides, he’s going to be getting hit with some mammoth shots that will take him out of there. Hopefully for Proksa’s sake, he learns from the loss to Golovkin and starts using a more professional fighting stance so that he doesn’t continue to take knockout losses.
More Boxing News:
- Eubank Jr wants Canelo, Golovkin, Murata or Jermall title shot
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennadiy Golovkin III: Will this fight happen in 2021?
- Where will Canelo and Golovkin go if DAZN folds?
- Pacquiao doesn’t rule out Golovkin bout at 154
- Gennadiy Golovkin vs. Kamil Szeremeta still being negotiated
- Fury advises Joshua to vacate WBO belt to duck Oleksandr Usyk
- Jose Pedraza dominates Javier Molina in one-sided 10-round decision win
- Boxing Results: Erickson Lubin decisions Terrell Gausha; Jaron Ennis KOs Abreu
- Daniel Jacobs could face Gabe Rosado or John Ryder in the fall
- Hearn wants Wilder to speak up about Fury fight