Brook-Jones: Kell faces his first quality opponent of his career on July 7th
By Scott Gilfoid: After toiling around in near obscurity through eight years as a pro, unbeaten welterweight contender Kell Brook (27-0, 18 KO’s) is finally being put in the ring against a fighter with a little bit of talent in Carson Jones (34-8-2, 24 KO’s) on July 7th.
Jones isn’t a great fighter, but he’s got enough talent to give Brook huge headaches because of the god awful opposition that’s been spoon-fed to Brook all these years. Obviously building up an inflated record is hard job, because you got to make sure that all risky fighters are weeded out of the selection process. That’s why I’m so thankful that Brook is finally taking on someone with a tad bit of talent on July 7th. Jones isn’t any world beater, but he’s got enough talent under him to give Brook a royal beating in front of his loyal fans at the Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield, Yorkshire, UK.
If you look at Brook’s fights, you’ll notice that there’s no real method that he’s using other than bum rushing the weak opposition put in with him and blasting them out – or trying to. Because of all the softies that have been fed to Brook, he’s not had to learn any kind of finesse in fighting. He’s not had to worry about someone that can jab his head off or blast his head to the moon one shots.
With no real worries due to his weak opposition, Brook’s style of fighting is always on the forward mode where he’s constantly doing the attacking. We saw recently Brook in reverse for the first time in his career in his last fight against Matthew Hatton last March where Brook ran out of gas in the last four rounds and had to get on his bicycle in order to make it out of that fight without taking too much punishment.
More Boxing News:
- Terence Crawford vs. Kell Brook close to being finalized for Nov. 14th
- Terence Crawford vs. Kell Brook possible for November 14th
- Terence Crawford talks Kell Brook negotiations for November fight
- Top Rank offering Kell Brook $2M for Crawford fight
- Kell Brook says talks with Terence Crawford are “progressing”
- Devin Haney and Yuriorkis Gamboa reach an agreement for Nov.7 fight on DAZN
- Fury advises Joshua to vacate WBO belt to duck Oleksandr Usyk
- Jose Pedraza dominates Javier Molina in one-sided 10-round decision win
- Boxing Results: Erickson Lubin decisions Terrell Gausha; Jaron Ennis KOs Abreu
- Daniel Jacobs could face Gabe Rosado or John Ryder in the fall