Khan: I’ll shut the mouths of the fans who doubted me
By William Mackay: Amir Khan is fighting for a title in his next bout against WBC light welterweight champion Danny Garcia on July 14th at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Khan will possibly have his lost IBF and WBA 140 pound titles either given to him or up for grabs for the fight if the two sanctioning bodies strip Lamont Peterson of them like khan is hoping they will.
As for Garcia, Khan sees this as a fairly easy fight and he thinks shut up his doubting critics with a good win over Garcia. We’ll see.
Khan said to RingTV “I’ll win the fight in style and shut all the mouths of those people who doubted me, because I put on a great performance against Lamont Peterson. I believe I won it.”
Khan calls his loss against Peterson a great performance? That had to be one of the worst performances from a top contender that I’ve ever seen. One part Khan was running for his life from the early rounds, and to make matters worse, he was fouling like no tomorrow.
Thankfully the referee took two points off from Khan for his shoving fouls, but the referee let Khan get away with bending Peterson over all night long by grabbing his neck. I thought Khan should have been disqualified for those fouls, and he also put Peterson in a lot of head locks.
I think Khan should be able to beat Garcia, because this guy was pretty well exposed in his last fight against Erik Morales. Garcia won the fight, but he looked like someone that an in shape Morales could beat. Garcia suffered a broken nose in the fight, and he won it by outworking the 35-year-old Morales.
I think Garcia will cause Khan a lot of problems with his pressure, but ultimately I see Khan winning based on his superior speed alone.
More Boxing News:
- Angel Garcia warns Errol Spence he’s getting beaten up by Danny
- Keith Thurman says Errol Spence fight is happening in 2021
- Jessie Vargas breaks down Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia match
- Is Spence waiting until Crawford is old before fighting him?
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Fury advises Joshua to vacate WBO belt to duck Oleksandr Usyk
- Jose Pedraza dominates Javier Molina in one-sided 10-round decision win
- Boxing Results: Erickson Lubin decisions Terrell Gausha; Jaron Ennis KOs Abreu
- Daniel Jacobs could face Gabe Rosado or John Ryder in the fall
- Hearn wants Wilder to speak up about Fury fight