Hearn upset about Berto positive drug test
By Scott Gilfoid: British promoter Eddie Hearn is up in arms about the latest drug test, this one for Andre Berto which took place yesterday, and may have wiped out his June 23rd rematch against Victor Ortiz.
Here’s what Hearn had to say about it on his twitter: “Now Berto tests positive for steroids? Man, what is wrong with these people? The great thing about boxing is that it’s man on man, one mans strength, desire and skill against another. To try and get an edge by using banned performance enhancing drugs is an act of cowardice, very dangerous also more importantly a B**** MOVE!”
Give me a break, Hearn. Lamont Peterson was merely taking a little bit of synthetic testosterone under a doctor’s supervision in order to get his own very low testosterone up to normal levels. He was hardly using testosterone to gain any kind of advantage, unless you consider it an advantage if a talented fighter like Peterson is fighting on an even playing field by having the same amount of testosterone as normal 28-year-olds. And we still don’t know what’s at the bottom of Berto’s positive tests, because they’re talking about possible contamination from something.
Berto is denying having knowingly used any performance enhancing drugs and I believe him. Who knows what happened with the testing? Could be mistakes were made during the testing of his urine or maybe he ingested some supplements that somehow had trace amounts of testosterone inside of it. With all that stuff floating around, you never know what you’re getting when you’re eating protein powders, creatine and what not. I believe Berto is 100% innocent.
More Boxing News:
- Andre Berto injured, withdraws from Adam Kownacki vs. Chris Arreola card
- Kownacki vs. Arreola undercard for Aug.3
- Adam Kownacki vs. Chris Arreola, Andre Berto vs. Miguel Cruz & Marcus Browne vs. Jean Pascal New York press conference quotes
- Adam Kownacki Battles Chris Arreola on August 3 in Brooklyn, NY
- Berto says Mayweather could tarnish his rep with loss to Tenshin
- Derevyanchenko receives offers from Canelo and Jermall Charlo
- Buddy McGirt: Ryan Garcia isn’t ready for Gervonta Davis
- Yordenis Ugas vs. Abel Ramos for vacant WBA 147-lb title, Besputin stripped
- Billy Joe Saunders: Eubank Jr is NEVER going to be world champ
- John Ryder hoping to get Canelo Alvarez for September