Sulaiman sees Haye as unsuitable for Vitali title defense
By William Mackay: If WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko is to defend his title against former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye in 2012, Vitali is going to have to do some convincing for World Boxing Council President Jose Sulaiman to get him to allow Vitali to take the fight. According to frankmaloney.com, Sulaiman sees Haye as unsuitable for Vitali for the following reasons: Haye isn’t ranked in the top 15 by the WBC, he doesn’t have a boxing license with the British Boxing Board of Control, and it would look bad for Vitali to be fighting him.
This sounds bad but it doesn’t mean that the fight can’t still happen. It just means that Vitali is going to have to get with Sulaiman to try and smooth things over to get him to agree to letting him take the fight. Of course, Haye still needs to try and get his boxing license boxing with the BBBofC before any of this happen. There’s no telling what they’ll do when and if Haye attempts to renew his license due to the post fight press conference brawl Haye was involved with after Vitali’s fight with Dereck Chisora last month in Munich, Germany.
However, even if Haye doesn’t get his license back with them, he can still get one approved outside of the UK, so it’s not fatal if the BBBofC blocks Haye in his attempts. But the real concern is Sulaiman blocking the fight from taking place. Who knows? Perhaps Sulaiman is hoping to see Vitali take on one of the top 15 contenders like #1 WBC Chris Arreola. However, that’s a fight that few boxing fans want to see due to how badly Vitali beat Arreola in 2009. Nothing would change in the rematch other than perhaps Arreola getting knocked out even earlier. He’s done zero since that loss other getting beaten by Tomasz Adamak and then picking up six wins over 2nd tier fodder.
More Boxing News:
- Dereck Chisora wants Joe Joyce fight next
- David Haye pushing for Dillian Whyte vs. Dereck Chisora 3 on November 21st
- David Haye wants Chisora to fight Dillian Whyte in trilogy
- Haye giving Chisora a great chance of beating Usyk
- Josh Taylor beats Jose Ramirez predicts Regis Prograis
- Logan Paul explains reason why Floyd Mayweather exhibition bout postponed
- Ryan Garcia: I got to put Gervonta Davis to the side
- David Benavidez vs. Ronald Ellis on March 13th on Showtime