Mayweather Sr: Pacquiao got his a** whupped!
By Chris Williams: Floyd Mayweather Sr. got a chance to see the incredibly controversial third fight between WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez recently and Mayweather Sr. says Marquez should have been given the win in that fight.
Mayweather Sr. said to proboxing-fan.com “Pacquiao got his a** whupped!”
Mayweather Sr. didn’t go into the specifics as to why he felt that way, as the interview didn’t appear to go well between Mayweather Sr. and the interviewer. However, it’s pretty clear Mayweather Sr. saw what most of us saw in that fight Marquez showing much more talent against a clueless and hopelessly lost Pacquiao who couldn’t do much in that fight.
Marquez landed with the better percentage, and appeared to win at least four more rounds compared to Pacquiao. In the last four rounds, Pacquiao came on and threw a lot of punches. It was those rounds where Pacquiao padded his punch stat numbers. However, he was already hopelessly behind by that point in the fight and needed a knockout to win.
Ignoring the three judges, who the boxing public disagree with almost unanimously, Marquez was the better fighter in that bout just as he was in the two previous fights.
Mayweather Sr. said “I know he [Mayweather Jr.] is the best pound for pound. They not trying to fight my son…Pacquiao got to take that test. If he take the test, Floyd gonna give him an a** whupping.”
I agree. Once Pacquiao takes the test for performance enhancing drugs, he’s going to take a whipping by Mayweather Jr. I just hope Pacquiao agrees to take the tests so that this fight can be made.
More Boxing News:
- Arum has Kell Brook as Crawford’s Plan-B if no Pacquiao fight
- Pacquiao doesn’t rule out Golovkin bout at 154
- Conor McGregor looking desparate, still wants Pacquiao fight
- Arum approached by Kell Brook for Terence Crawford fight
- Errol Spence threatens to Go “Rogue” if Manny Pacquiao faces Mikey Garcia
- David Benavidez 2.8 pounds overweight, loses WBC title for Roamer Angulo fight
- Porter analyzes Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia, expects to fight the winner
- VIDEO: Featherweights – Boxing Survey Series Part 3
- Teofimo Lopez to be made ‘Franchise champion’ if he beats Vasiliy Lomachenko
- Andy Ruiz Jr. and Chris Arreola have agreed to fight in late 2020