Wladimir: My brother will knock Haye out this time
By William Mackay: Wladimir Klitschko was badly disappointed in former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye’s lack of nerve when they fought last July in a fight that Haye seemingly refused to mix it for 12 round full rounds and was satisfied with just losing by a lopsided decision.
Now it’s Wladmir’s brother WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitchko’s turn to get a crack at Haye. Vitali wants to finish Haye off and send him into a permanent retirement by knocking him out in front of the entire world.
However, before he gets a chance to do that, Haye has to sign the contract. That’s what the Klitschkos are waiting on right now. Haye has got three weeks to sign the contract or else Vitali will be forced to move on and look elsewhere for an opponent for his March 2012 date.
Wladimir said to thesun.co.uk “Haye was a chicken for 12 rounds when he fought me He went on the run the whole time. It was an embarrassment for Haye. Now my brother Vitali would like his turn if Haye comes out of retirement…My brother will knock out Haye this time. It was something I couldn’t do.”
Vitali wants to shut Haye up and make him pay the price for all his lip service during the past three years where he’s constantly been talking about how he’s a better fighter than the Klitschkos in the media. Vitali wants to give Haye his chance to prove he’s the better fighter. He already had his chance at Wladimir and failed for one reason or another.
Haye says he couldn’t fight at his full potential because of a toe injury that kept him from driving off of his right foot. Whether that’s the case or not, Haye will get his chance to prove the loss wasn’t just a fluke by taking on the bigger and less agile Vitali.
More Boxing News:
- Wladimir Klitschko coming back? promoter Tom Loeffler wants him to
- Oleksandr Usyk vs. Dereck Chisora targeted for October
- David Haye Not happy with Joe Joyce’s performance against Michael Wallisch
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Fury vs. Wilder 3 must face mandatory Whyte says WBC president
- Pacquiao doesn’t rule out Golovkin bout at 154
- Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Felix Verdejo possible on Oct.3 if Teofimo fight falls through
- Artur Beterbiev vs. Meng Fanlong on September 25 on ESPN+
- Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Devin Haney: A good replacement for Teofimo Lopez