Judah: GBP is sacrificing their queen [Khan]
By Scott Gilfoid: IBF light welterweight champion Zab Judah (41-6, 28 KO’s) sees Golden Boy Promotions as making a huge mistake by gambling away their queen by matching WBA Super World light welterweight champion Amir Khan (25-1, 17 KO’s) against him this Saturday night in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Judah sees this as a gamble that will fail with Khan getting beaten.
Judah said this to the telegraph.co.uk: “They [GBP] are sacrificing their queen [Khan] when they should be getting their pawns off there…You have to know how to move your pieces around the board. I’ve studied everything Amir Khan does. He does some great things, but with him being young and green he makes a lot of mistakes. And when he makes those mistakes, I will capitalize.”
It’s not doubt that Judah has seen all the mistakes that Khan made in fights against Marcos Maidana, Breidis Prescott and Paulie Malignaggi. Khan leaves himself open a lot of the time and has zero inside fighting ability whatsoever. It’s like Khan is a weak version of Wladimir Klitschko but without a great jab, left hook and a fight hand. Khan has all Wladimir’s weakness on the inside but none of his strengths except for fast hands. Khan was really pounded by both Prescott and Maidana, and if Khan leaves himself open against Judah like he did in those fights, Khan will be lying on his back counting stars long before the final bell sounds.
Judah could be the one to expose Khan’s lack of skills and ring intelligence on Saturday night. Right now, Khan is more hype than anything because he hasn’t really beaten anyone other than beatable fighters. He’s taking a big step up in class against Judah and this could end badly for Khan.
I’d hate to see Khan fall on his face and end up getting humiliated in this fight. I just hope his trainer Freddie Roach has actually taught him something that he can use in battle rather than just something he brags about but is unable to put in action with one of his fights.
More Boxing News:
- Zab Judah: Teofimo is hungry, will give Lomachenko big problems
- Zab Judah talks Devin Haney vs. Gary Russell Jr squabbles
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Amir Khan says Kell Brook doesn’t want to fight him
- Errol Spence Jr vs. Danny Garcia is 50-50 fight says Amir Khan
- Shawn Porter: Demetrius Andrade beats Jermall Charlo
- Jermall Charlo being avoided by Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin?
- Teofimo warns Lomachenko: ‘I’m putting hands on you on October 17th’
- Mairis Briedis considering a move to heavyweight
- Pacquiao has started training after Conor McGregor Tweet