Roger Mayweather: Judah will beat Khan, and Floyd would knock him out
By William Mackay: Floyd Mayweather Jr’s uncle and trainer Roger Mayweather doesn’t think WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan would do well against Floyd if they were to fight. Indeed, Roger sees Floyd knocking Khan out because of Khan’s weak chin and his tendency to fight in an upright manner with his head sticking up just begging to be hit. Roger also sees Khan losing his next fight to IBF champ Zab Judah, who Roger feels is a better fighter than Khan.
In an interview at eastsideboxing.com’s On the Ropes Boxing radio program, Roger said “Amir Khan would have gotten knocked out by Floyd, period. I know Amir Khan. He’s been in the gym before. he would have gotten knocked out by Floyd. His head is straight up and he can’t take no punch, anyway. He’s going to have problems with Zab. It’s going to be a tough fight but I favor Zab more than I favor him. I look for Zab to win.”
Khan has been talking long and hard about how he’s going to beat Judah and then move onto a fight against WBC/WBO light welterweight champion Timothy Bradley. Khan would like to fight Floyd Mayweather if he could get the fight at that time, and he may very well get the fight if Khan can win both the Judah and Bradley fights. But there’s a lot of danger in those fights for Khan, and he may end up losing both. Khan won’t get a Bradley if he loses to Judah. Khan would have to rebuild for a while before trying to get a fight arranged with Bradley.
Roger is right about Khan getting knocked out by Floyd. I don’t believe that Khan actually thinks he can beat Mayweather. I think Khan just wants the fight and the big payday that comes with it rather than thinking he can actually beat a world class fighter like Mayweather. Khan’s loss to Breidis Prescott and his life and death fight against Marcos Maidana lays out a clear picture of Khan’s true talent in comparison to Mayweather. Prescott and Maidana wouldn’t stand a chance against Mayweather, yet they gave Khan all kinds of problems.
More Boxing News:
- Amir Khan to Marcos Maidana: “Let’s do it again”
- Amir Khan: Joshua has to go for the KILL against Fury
- Floyd Mayweather Jr upset at Sugar Ray Leonard ranked #1 at 147
- Amir Khan denies being put DOWN by Manny Pacquiao in sparring
- Floyd Mayweather to fight a couple exhibitions overseas
- Michael Hunter: I’d STOP Dillian Whyte; I beat Tyson Fury bad
- Gennadiy Golovkin training for Kamil Szeremeta fight
- Terence Crawford NOT getting Kell Brook fight
- Mike Tyson may have unfinished business
- Hearn against letting Tony Bellew make a comeback