Brandon Rios vs. Miguel Acosta: does Brandon Rios have the skills to win?
By Francisco Hernandez: Brandon Rios is taking the spot light in boxing by storm, not only because of his foul mouth, but also because he is a care free slugger, willing to take the necessary risks to kayo his opponents. He reminds me of Victor Ortiz before Victor was taken apart by the executioner Marcos Maidana. No one has whipped Rios; he is a kid full of confidence. Brandon Rios is willing to take a chance, hungry for glory, Rios will face any opponent.
Miguel Acosta is a boxer who likes to man-handle fighters like Brandon Rios. Styles make fights and Miguel Acosta has a fighting style designed to defeat sluggers and brawlers. Come February 26th at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas, Brandon Rios will have the chance to demonstrate whether his bravado is real or just the senseless raving of a kid with a thug mentality.
Having Robert Garcia in his corner is not helping Brandon Rios, Robert Garcia was humiliated as a trainer when his fighter Antonio Margarito fought like a school boy and blocked all of Manny Pacquiao’s punches with his eyes. Some of the responsibility for that deplorable performance obviously falls on the trainer Robert Garcia. Fighters may no longer have confidence in Robert Garcia when he proposes a fight plan strategy which could lead to embarrassing one sided beatings and hospitalizations.
A simple strategy of bull-rushing Acosta is not going to work. Waiting to land a big punch is not going to work either. Brandon Rios is going to need boxing skills to win this fight; Rios is going to have to work every second to wear Acosta down. That is why Rios trainer is so important for this fight; only the right strategy can win this fight for Rios, testicles alone will not do it; the wrong fight plan could easily lead to a defeat.
Brandon Rios vs. Miguel Acosta should be one of the best fights of 2011. Miguel Acosta is a proud Venezuelan who is not going to give up his belt without a fight; Brandon Rios is driven by his thirst for glory in the ring.
More Boxing News:
- Brandon Rios retiring says Robert Garcia
- Brandon Rios congratulates Humberto Soto for win
- Humberto Soto defeats Brandon Rios – RESULTS
- Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto – weigh-in results
- Brandon Rios – Humberto Soto on Saturday – Where and How To Watch
- Teofimo Lopez weighing 160 pounds, will he make weight for Vasily Lomachenko match?
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. back in gym training again
- Artur Beterbiev willing to fight in UK says Top Rank promoter Todd Duboef
- Regis Prograis wants Eddie Hearn to find private Island for next fight
- Vergil Ortiz Jr. fires back at Errol Spence, calling him ‘The Lie’