Chisora can beat Wladimir Klitschko
By Dave Lahr: British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion Dereck Chisora (14-0, 9 KO’s) has a lot better chance of beating IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (55-3, 49 KO’s) than a lot of people think. Chisora, 26, and the 34-year-old Wladimir meet up on December 11th at the SAP-Arena, Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. This is supposed to be a case of Wladimir doing Chisora a big favor by selecting him out of a whole pack of more qualified heavyweights in the division, but I don’t see it like that at all. Wladimir has studied Chisora’s fights, just as I have, and knows that Chisora is better than most of the heavyweight contenders in the division.
Chisora doesn’t have the one punch power or the kind of power that he can take Wladimir out in a stand up fight. But Chisora does hit hard enough to take Wladimir out if he can get him in a clinch and start nailing him to the side and the back of the head. It wouldn’t be fair if Chisora stops Klitschko with a rabbit shot, but if it’s something that’s not clear cut than it’s good enough. My suggestion is for Chisora to stay low to duck under Wladimir’s big right hands and left hooks, and then start pounding him in a clinch.
I think Chisora can cause major damage to Wladimir’s face if he can tee off in close. We’ve seen Wladimir knocked out by Corrie Sanders while trying to clinch in his 3rd round knockout loss in 2003. Chisora needs to study that fight over and over again, and learn from it. When Wladimir comes at Chisora and tries to drape himself on the British heavyweight, Chisora needs to blast Wladimir with a head shot when he’s not suspecting it. Once Wladimir is stunned, Chisora then needs to go ballistic on him with a storm of punches and take Wladimir out and leave him in a big heap on the canvas.
More Boxing News:
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Evander Holyfield training with Wladimir Klitschko
- Chisora: Wladimir Klitschko CAN’T help Usyk inside the ring
- Banks recalls Wladimir Klitschko letting Anthony Joshua off the hook
- Anthony Joshua MUST fight Oleksandr Usyk first – Alex Krassyuk
- Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder trilogy possible for Macau or Australia
- Errol Spence: I got three fights left at 147 before going to 154
- Anthony Joshua INJURED, needs 4 to 6 weeks of rest
- Ricky Hatton says he would have BEATEN Mayweather on the night of Tszyu fight
- Ryan Garcia calls out Gervonta Davis for 2020 fight