Is Haye only 6-feet tall? Look how much bigger the 6’4″ Harrison is compared to Haye
By William Mackay: In looking at WBA heavyweight champion David Haye (24-1, 22 KO’s) when he was standing eye to eye with 6’4 ½” Audley Harrison (27-4, 20 KO’s) on Tuesday, I couldn’t but notice that the 38-year-old Harrison looked to be at least five inches taller than the 29-year-old Haye. I wouldn’t care one way or another if Haye’s height wasn’t listed as 6’3”. Haye himself has said that he’s 6’3”, and yet in his fight against 6’2” John Ruiz, it looked like Ruiz was at least an inch taller than Haye when they standing together. In Haye’s fight with 6’4” Enzo Maccarinelli, he practically towered over Haye when they stood looking at each face to face.
How could Enzo look three or more inches taller than Haye if he’s listed as 6’3”? Does that mean all of Haye’s opponents are wearing platform shoes or is he not really 6’3”. The reason why this might be important is because if Haye really is only 6’ feet tall or a little over that, he would be an incredible disadvantage against one of the Klitschko brothers. We’re talking an insane disadvantage. You need to be at least a good 6’3” to have a chance against one of the Klitschko brothers, and it can’t be a bogus 6’3”. It’s got to be genuine, and what I see of Haye when he’s standing next to Harrison is a fighter that is maybe just a little over 6-feet in height.
I’m sorry, that’s not big enough to beat the bigger heavyweights in the division and I’m wondering now whether Haye will be big enough to beat even Harrison. The guy looks like King Kong next to Haye. This is like Nikolay Valuev next to Haye. Harrison looks mammoth, and he normally doesn’t look that much bigger than most of his opponents. And the reason is because most of them are around 6’3”. I don’t think Haye is 6’3”, and I’ve been having doubts since back when he fought Jean Marc Mormeck, who is only listed as 5’11”. I doubt that’s his real height. He looks closer to 5’9” or 5’10”.
More Boxing News:
- Oleksandr Usyk vs. Dereck Chisora targeted for October
- David Haye Not happy with Joe Joyce’s performance against Michael Wallisch
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- David Haye discusses coming out of retirement for Joshua vs. Fury winner
- David Haye: WBC can give Dillian Whyte a Gold or Platinum title
- Vasiliy Lomachenko and Teofimo Lopez have agreed to terms for October ESPN clash
- Shakur Stevenson wants Tank Davis & Josh Warrington
- Boxing Results: Maxi Hughes defeats Jono Carroll
- Gabriel Rosado says Daniel Jacobs wants the fight against him
- Gervonta Davis won’t fade against Leo Santa Cruz on Oct.24 says Ellerbe