Can Nate Campbell overcome Timothy Bradley?
By Liam Santiago: On 1st August, Florida based, Nate Campbell (33-5-1, 25ko’s) will fight unbeaten Timothy Bradley (24-0, 11ko’s), in what is likely to be a very competive bout. Nate Campbell will be hoping that, even at the age of 37, he can upset the young, unbeaten Californian prospect. But is Bradley’s youth going to be the defining factor in just over a months time.
Bradley brings a perfect record to the table, having never been beaten, coming of the back of wins over Kenall Holt, Edner Cherry and British boxing star, Junior Witter. However, Campbell should not be underestimated, despite having 5 defeats and a draw. He has great boxing ability, a great chin and good power. Although he is far from young, Campbell only started boxing at age 24, so has not wasted bags of energy in years of boxing fights. He looks after his body well outside the ring and has a great lifestyle.
The fact that Campbell has gone so far in the sport, starting so late, proves how much natural talent he has. He always brings a huge reach advantage and usually tries to box on the outside. If Bradley underestimates Campbell going into this fight, he might be in for a terrible shock. Campbell has every assett needed to overcome Bradley and, although Bradley will be the favourite, may take this on points.
Bradley’s biggest win came against British boxing star, Junior Witter in 2008, by split decision. Witter also, challenges for a world title this year against Alexander. In the past Bradley, has been linked with fights with Ricky Hatton and Manny Pacquiao, who are probably out of his league at this moment in time.
Campbell was, in the past, linked with fighting Amir Khan, until Khan pulled out of the deal and fought Michael Gomez instead. Only time will tell if Bradley has what it takes to rise to the top, but we will get a very good idea on 1st August.
More Boxing News:
- Tim Bradley says Shakur Stevenson could be the successor to Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- ‘Keith Thurman needs to get his mind right’ – Tim Bradley
- Tim Bradley prediction: Deontay Wilder STOPS Tyson Fury
- Danny Garcia calls Tim Bradley a “Top Rank puppet”
- Tim Bradley: Crawford is BEGGING the PBC fighters to face him
- Let’s be honest about Vasily Lomachenko
- Lomachenko has undergone shoulder surgery following loss to Teofimo Lopez
- Lomachenko vs. Lopez peaked at around 3 million viewers on ESPN
- Dave Allen needs new opponent, Christian Hammer tests for COVID 19
- Teofimo Lopez – Bob Arum lists options for his next fight in 2021