By Eric Thomas: According to the Los Angeles Times, talks between World Boxing Association welterweight champion Shane Mosley and Floyd Mayweather are going remarkably well, much smoother than the failed talks between WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao and Mayweather which collapsed recently for their failed March 13th fight. The adviser for Mayweather, Leonard Ellerbe, says “It’s like a breath of fresh air, and I’m sure you understand what I’m referring to.”
Shane Mosley
Mayweather-Mosley looking like it’s going to happen
By Eric Thomas: According to news from Max Boxing, Floyd Mayweather Jr. (40-0, 25 KO’s) and WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley (46-5, 39 KO’s) have made a verbal agreement for a fight in May of this year. An announcement will be made this Friday about the mega fight between them. Mosley, 38, has not problems submitting to the random blood tests that Mayweather wants for the fight to take place, unlike WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao who was resistant to having blood taken from him any nearer than 24 days before the fight.
Looking forward to Mayweather-Mosley
By Dezzie Lightbulb: Who in his right mind could deny that of the two upcoming welterweight clashes, Mayweather-Mosley and Pacquiao-Clottey, Mayweather-Mosley is by far the more exciting prospect? In the sad absence of the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight this is certainly the next best thing. Fans have been willing this fight to happen for years. This would be Mayweather`s biggest challenge for years. This fight is the chance Mosley has wanted for years. This bout could so easily become a legend. It has just about all the required elements to rightfully claim to be a genuine `super-bout`.
Mayweather vs. Mosley, don`t count your chickens…
By Dezzie Lightbulb: Due to the tragic loss of several members of his family in the earthquake that devastated his native Haiti, Andre Berto has pulled out of the much anticipated fight against Shane Mosley that had been scheduled for January 30th. Berto says he is “physically and mentally exhausted”. Our prayers, thoughts, and understanding go out to Andre in what can only be described as a hugely traumatic loss for him and his fellow countrymen. Mosley issued the following statement:
Mayweather vs. Mosley: The bout between the two best welterweights in the world?
By Dave Lahr: Golden Boy Promotions is working to put together a fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and World Boxing Association welterweight champion Shane Mosley for possibly May 1st at the MGM Grand. This fight could very well be a match the two best welterweights in the world. That actually might be a good marketing tool for the fight, because these really are probably the two best welterweights in boxing.
Floyd Mayweather Jr: Cherry Picker, G.O.A.T, P.R Master, Defensive Wizard, Champion of Reform?
by Jason Alcairo: According to Leonard Ellerbe, Floyd Mayweather Jr. will be once again demanding random blood and urine testing in the lead up to the potential fight against Sugar Shane Mosley. Leonard told the Grand Rapids Press, “Whoever fights Floyd Mayweather in the future, that person will be subjected to random blood and urine testing. I don’t care who it is.”
Mayweather to demand random blood tests in future bouts – News
By Eric Thomas: According to Mlive, Floyd Mayweather Jr. will demand random blood and urine tests for future fights. This news came from Mayweather’s personal advertiser Lenard Ellerbe, saying “Whoever fights Floyd Mayweather in the future, that person will be subjected to random blood and urine testing. I don’t care who he fights, that will be the case.” This could immediately Mayweather’s potential bout against Shane Mosley in May.
Mosley vs Berto Cancelled
LOS ANGELES/NEW YORK (January 18, 2010) – WBC Welterweight World Champion Andre Berto stated in a personal press release earlier today that due to the catastrophic earthquake that struck Haiti and deeply affected his family who resides there, he is physically and emotionally unable to prepare for his Saturday, Jan. 30 bout with WBA Welterweight World Champion Sugar Shane Mosley and, as a result, will withdraw from the bout.
Given the close proximity to the date of the event and the difficulty in finding a suitable replacement for Berto, the event will be cancelled entirely.
Schaefer to begin working on Mayweather-Mosley Super fight
By William Mackay: With the sudden cancellation of the January 30th bout between Andre Berto and Shane Mosley, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer says he’s going to start working on putting together a super fight between Mosley and Floyd Mayweather Jr., according to ESPN writer Dan Rafael. Schaefer says “That is a super fight, and is now my next order of business – to see if we can put together [Mayweather-Mosley]. The sooner the better if we can get this potential fight done. With Shane being available and Floyd being available, that’s a fight all fight fans and sports fans would embrace.”
Mayweather vs. Mosley in May?
By Eric Thomas: Unbeaten Floyd Mayweather Jr. could be facing WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley on May 1st, provided that Shane gets through his next fight against World Boxing Council welterweight champion Andre Berto in their unification bout on January 30th, according to the Los Angeles Times. Mayweather, instead of facing someone on March 13th – and end up competing with the Manny Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey bout at Dallas Cowboy stadium in Texas – Mayweather will wait on the winner of the Berto-Mosley fight.