25-year-old Devin Haney has accomplished a lot to get where he’s at in the sport, and he is ready to take part in the biggest PPV event in his career against Ryan Garcia on April 20th on DAZN.
A victory for Haney (31-0, 15 KOs) over Ryan Garcia will be the crown jewel of his career, as this is a much bigger name than anyone he’s ever fought before, including some of the best, like Vasily Lomachenko.
As good as that victory was for Haney, it’s not in the ballpark as a win over Ryan Garcia if he can pull it off. The amount of acclaim that Haney will receive for beating the highly popular Garcia would be tremendous, enabling him to get bigger paydays against other stars in the
- Regis Prograis: The former King of the 140-lb division was no match for Haney’s skills last December.
- Yuriorkis Gamboa: Former two-division world champion and Olympic gold medalist from Cuba. Haney effortlessly defeated him.
- Vasily Lomachenko: Haney defeated the former three-division world champion and two-time Olympia gold medalist last year.’
- Joseph ‘Jojo’ Diaz
- Jorge Linares: A former three-division world champion, who gave Haney one of his toughest tests of his career, but wasn’t good enough defeat ‘The Dream.’
- George Kambosos Jr x 2: The former Teofimo Lopez conqueror, Kamaboso, was no match for Haney in their two fights and was easily beaten.
The Next Challenge
Next up for Haney is Ryan Garcia, the social media star, a fighter with one-punch power in his left hook, making him the most dangerous fighter in the 140-lb division.
A victory for Haney over the 25-year-old Ryan will cement his spot as the best in the 140-lb division and will earn him a tremendous amount of money, enabling him to live quite comfortably in the affluent section of Las Vegas, Beverly Hills, or Atherton, California.
Haney is still climbing in the sport, and a victory over Ryan will be an excellent showcase type of contest to display his talent to fans who normally don’t watch boxing events.
Devin can substantially use this fight to build his fanbase, as long as he looks impressive and doesn’t turn in another performance like we witnessed against Prograis, which was mind-numbingly dull.