Eddie Hearn says Fury vs. Joshua is OFF!
By Charles Brun: Eddie Hearn says the Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua fight is off for December 3rd. Hearn says the two deadlines Fury set has passed, and he hasn’t heard back from George Warren. Moreover, Hearn says a contract from Fury’s team has been sent to journeyman Dereck Chisora.
Although Hearn says he’s open to continuing discussions for the Fury-Joshua fight, it’s not looking promising after hearing that the 38-year-old Chisora has been a contract. It’s unclear what happened with Manuel Charr. That was the guy that Fury had been flapping his gums about wanting to fight.
For whatever reason, Fury appears to have changed his mind and would rather fight Chisora, who has last three out of his last four fights. One can’t imagine Fury vs. Chisora being a big ticket seller, as they’ve already fought twice previously, with Tyson easily winning both contests.
“People aren’t thick enough to see that Tyson Fury has called two deadlines on this fight, and the fight has passed in Tyson Fury’s deadlines,” said Eddie Hearn to iFL TV.
“So, as far as we’re concerned, the fights off. We’re happy to continue the discussions. We haven’t had any of those discussions. Friday, Dereck Chisora received a contract for the Tyson Fury fight. So in our minds, he’s not fighting Anthony Joshua. What we’ve been told is the deadline has passed,” said Hearn.
The way these negotiations went, it’s hard to picture a fight between Fury and Joshua taking place next year. It’s too much of a headache to put a fight together between them, especially with Fury fouling things up with his silly deadlines.
It almost seems like Fury never really wanted the Joshua fight in the first place because his behavior would suggest otherwise. If Fury never does fight Joshua, he’ll be kicking himself for setting deadlines.
“The Monday deadline, which came from nowhere, and we sent our final version of the contract back,” said Hearn. “People talk about putting up barriers. We sent our final draft contract back to sign.
“They talked about having their partner as the arbitrator. That kind of stuff doesn’t work. We get another one on Wednesday. Tyson Fury says, ‘I’m telling you now, the fight is off unless you sign on Wednesday.’ It’s impossible. That deadline passed, and I’ve not heard back from George Warren since Wednesday.”
- Deontay Wilder confident Anthony Joshua happens in December in Saudi Arabia
- Joshua vs. Wilder update: Hearn says offer recieved from Skills Challenge for December, no contract yet
- Usyk’s promoter confirms Fury to receive “take it leave it” offer from Saudis for December fight
- WBC could make Anthony Joshua mandatory for Tyson Fury says Mauricio Suliaman
- Edwards vs. Campos – Tonight’s Live Boxing Results From London
- Josh Taylor & Teofimo Lopez Are Ready To Settle Their Differences Inside Of The Ring Today
- Teofimo Lopez’s dad leaks game plan for Taylor tonight: “We’re going to box him”
- Live on DAZN Tonight: Edwards vs Campos – “Sunny Edwards has never fought against anyone like me”