Errol Spence will be “easy work” for Crawford says Amir Khan
By Brian Webber: Amir Khan says Errol Spence Jr will be “easy work” for Terence Crawford for their unification fight at welterweight.
Khan knows what it’s like to share the ring with Crawford, and he thinks he’ll have too many boxing skills for IBF, WBA & WBC 147-lb champion when the time comes for them to fight for welterweight supremacy.
The way Spence (28-0, 22 KOs) looked in his war with WBA 147-lb champion Yordenis Ugas last April, it’s going to be hard for Crawford (38-0, 29 KOs) to make “easy work” of him like Khan is predicting.
What makes it difficult to accurately gauge what Crawford, 34, is capable of going against Spence is the lack of high-caliber opposition on his 14-year resume.
The talented fighters that Crawford has fought, guys like Yordenis Ugas, Shawn Porter, and Ricky Burns, were old & over-the-hill by the time he fought them.
At welterweight, Crawford’s resume is very thin, making it difficult to know how he’ll do against an elite fighter like Spence.
“Spence or Crawford? Okay, so I’m going to go with my boy, Crawford,” said Amir Khan to ESNEWS, picking his good friend Terence Crawford over Errol Spence Jr if/when their unification fight takes place.
“In that fight, we’ve seen Spence get caught and get rattled. But with Crawford, no one has ever seen him [hurt]. He’s beaten guys with speed, he’s beaten guys with power, and he’s beaten guys that were good boxers. He’s beaten guys that were good fighters, and so has Spence.
“I feel that Crawford has the upper hand in that fight. I think it’ll go the distance, but I think it’ll be easy work for Crawford because he’ll just box him. I see Spence coming at him, running at him, and putting pressure on.
“One thing about Crawford is he’s a good backfoot fighter as well.
“Me and Crawford did a couple of rounds in a fight and sparred together. One thing about Crawford is what a genuinely nice guy he is. When I was camp in the mountains when I left Omaha, Nebraska to Colorado Springs, just to be part of the team, just to help me and go for runs and stuff.
“He was so much big help, and then he came to the UK with me. Yeah, it was so good to have him there,” said Khan.
- Errol Spence interested in Canelo Alvarez fight after Terence Crawford
- Teofimo Lopez says Crawford “chinny,” picks Spence too win
- Spence vs. Crawford – Is it Really A 50 /50 Fight? (Part 2)
- Spence vs Crawford is it really a 50 / 50 fight?
- Josh Taylor & Teofimo Lopez Are Ready To Settle Their Differences Inside Of The Ring Today
- Teofimo Lopez’s dad leaks game plan for Taylor tonight: “We’re going to box him”
- Live on DAZN Tonight: Edwards vs Campos – “Sunny Edwards has never fought against anyone like me”
- Munguia vs Derevyanchenko Tonight On DAZN: Make A Statement Or Get Back On Track