Watch LIVE: Evander Holyfield – Belfort With Commentary From Donald Trump
By Allan Fox: Triller Fight Club will have former U.S president Donald Trump doing alternative commentary for the Evander Holyfield vs. Vitor Belfort pay-per-view card this Saturday night, September 11th, at the Seminole Hard Rock in Hollywood, Florida.
Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr. will also be doing alternative commentary. Having Trump working fight could prove to be more interesting than the actual Holyfield-Belfort match, as it could wind up being a blowout for Evander.
You got to wonder how much Triller is paying Trump to do commentary. Trump is said to be quite wealthy, and unless he’s close friends with the CEO of Triller, it’s got to be costing them a lot.
Triller bringing in Trump to do commentary is a good indication that they need help pumping up the PPV buys and getting the boxing public interested in the Holyfield vs. Belfort card. The card goes for $50, which isn’t cheap.
If the fans loved Trump as a president, they might be more inclined to order the Holyfield-Belfort card on pay-per-view. If nothing else, fans will notice the card now that they hear that Trump will do commentary.
Holyfield is not only as old as the hills, pushing 60, but he also hasn’t fought in ten years since 2011. That’s a long, long time ago, and the newer generation of boxing fans have likely never seen Holyfield in action.
The younger fans are not interested in seeing an old Holyfield fight Belfort, who they probably never saw fight either. Holyfield vs. Belfort is a poison fight in many respects because neither guy is known by the younger boxing fans, so there’s no reason for them to plunk down their money to see these two old-timers fight.
Former UFC heavyweight champion Belfort is making his pro debut in boxing, and he figures to be out of his element, even against the much older Holyfield.
Although Belfort was a good striker during his MMA career, he still never showed the kind of talent that Holyfield possessed. It’ll be interesting to see if Belfort can hang in there if Holyfield starts fighting hard for real.
What we don’t know is if the Holyfield vs. Belfort fight will be a true boxing match or the one-quarter speed that we saw with Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. in their recent exhibition match in which they looked like actors doing a movie rather than two guys actually fighting and trying to hurt each other.
It looked REALLY fake, and it was disturbing to watch, given that it was sold on PPV. If the Holyfield vs. Belfort fight winds up like the Tyson vs. Jones match, there’s going to be a lot of angry boxing fans who paid for it.
The 58-year-old former two-division world champion Holyfield has been brought in to replace 48-year-old Oscar De La Hoya as the opponent for 44-year-old Belfort to fight in their eight-round fight.
De La Hoya came down with COVID-19 and had to pull out of the card unexpectedly. According to the ‘Golden Boy’ De La Hoya, he had been vaccinated for COVID-19, and he STILL came down with the illness. The card was supposed to take place in California but was moved to Florida after De La Hoya pulled out.
- Vitor Belfort calls out Canelo & Jake Paul, says $30 million available
- Evander Holyfield ready to fight Mike Tyson now after KO loss to Belfort
- Haye scolds Vitor Belfort for celebrating after destroying Holyfield
- Results / Photos: David Haye & Jono Carroll Score Huge Wins, Belfort Stops Holyfield