Errol Spence reacts to Jarrell Miller’s positive PEDs test
By Dan Ambrose: Errol Spence Jr says it’s career-over for Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller after his positive test for a performance-enhancing substance on Saturday. Spence is suggesting that the 300+ pound ‘Big Baby’ Miller (23-0-1, 20 KOs) become a “bouncer” or a “bodyguard” as a profession.
What a lot of boxing fans are wondering is why Miller would take PEDs to prepare for a low-level opponent in Jerry Forrest, who he was scheduled to face on ESPN on July 9 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Forrest (26-3, 20 KOs) isn’t a first-tier ranked fighter, and he’s never beaten anyone of note during his career. This is someone that Miller should have been able to beat even if not great shape.
Spence says it’s OVER for Miller
Miller’s boxing career isn’t over by a long shot. With a record of 23-0, Miller will get a third chance after he’s suspended for six to twelve months. It’s doubtful that Miller will get more than a year because this is his second offense.
What’s interesting is Miller was never suspended by a boxing commission for his positive test for three PEDs last year for his canceled June 1 fight against IBF/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua.
Miller was given a six-month suspension by the WBA, but not by the New York State Athletic Commission [NYSAC]. At the time Miller tested positive for GW1516, EPO and Human Growth Hormone [HGH] last year, he didn’t have a boxing license with the local commission.
He need to become a bouncer or body guard take the L out of Lover brotha 😒
— Errol Spence (@ErrolSpenceJr) June 27, 2020
Miller will still be young at 33 when his suspension ends, and he can come back from it. He needs to get on year-long testing so that he can prove to the doubters that this episode won’t be repeated in the future.
Big Baby Miller and his promoters need to come up with an excellent plan to bring him back once he’s given the green light. Miller has too much potential as a fighter for him to give up the sport, and it’s doubtful that his promoters will cast him adrift.
Top Rank Boxing, the promoters for the July 9 card, is planning on replacing Big Baby Miller with Carlos Takam to face Jerry Forrest in the main event on ESPN, according to Chris Mannix [@SIChrisMannix].
Takam was available to fight after his opponent Oscar Rivas, who he was planning on fighting next month, suffered an injury.
- Trainer BoMac says Terence Crawford working on 2 fights, Errol Spence and Alexis Rocha
- Miller vs Browne: Fight Card, Start Time, Streaming & TV Channels
- Stephen Espinoza says Spence vs. Crawford negotiations ongoing
- Tim Tszyu wants Spence fight after learning of his bet on Tony Harrison