Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
SHOWTIME Sports® has announced today its SHOWTIME BOXING CLASSICS June slate, featuring a collection of Mike Tyson fights, Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko and other memorable moments from the network’s deep archive of world championship bouts. SHOWTIME BOXING CLASSICS airs every Friday at 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME and is also available via the SHOWTIME streaming service and SHOWTIME ANYTIME®.
In June, the weekly series includes four nights of edge-of-your-seat boxing action featuring some of the most unforgettable bouts in recent years, including 2017’s unanimous Fight of the Year – Joshua vs. Klitschko – and a dramatic matchup between Adrien Broner and Marcos Maidana. In addition, Mike Tyson’s legendary knockout power will be on display with five fights in one night on June 12, and the semifinals and final of the Super Six World Boxing Classic will air on June 19 and June 26.
The full schedule is as follows:
Friday, June 5 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
Joshua vs. Klitschko
Broner vs. Maidana
Friday, June 12 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
Tyson vs. Frans Botha
Tyson vs. Julian Francis
Tyson vs. Lou Savarese
Tyson vs. Brian Nielsen
Tyson vs. Clifford Etienne
Friday, June 19 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
Andre Ward vs. Arthur Abraham
Carl Froch vs. Glen Johnson
Friday, June 26 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
Ward vs. Froch
Combat sports analysts Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell will host live companion episodes of their digital talk show MORNING KOMBAT on the Morning Kombat YouTube Channel for select SHOWTIME BOXING CLASSICS telecasts. They will watch the fights along with viewers, give their real-time reactions, and take questions from fans throughout the replay. Viewers can follow along and participate in the discussion by using the hashtag #FightFromHome on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS, and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung Smart TVs and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon’s Prime Video Channels, Apple TV Channels, AT&T TV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, The Roku Channel, Sling TV, and YouTube TV or directly at www.showtime.com.
More Boxing News:
- Cruz vs Davis: Leo Santa Cruz virtual media workout quotes & photos
- Diego Pacheco faces Juan Antonio Mendez this Friday, Oct.23 on DAZN
- Mark Heffron vs. Denzel Bentley rematch on Nov.13
- Marshall Vs. Rankin added to Oleksandr Usyk vs. Derek Chisora card
- Sergey Lipinets ready for Custio Clayton on Oct.24 on Showtime
- Keith Thurman says he’s fighting Errol Spence in 2021
- Let’s be honest about Vasily Lomachenko
- Lomachenko has undergone shoulder surgery following loss to Teofimo Lopez
- Lomachenko vs. Lopez peaked at around 3 million viewers on ESPN
- Dave Allen needs new opponent, Christian Hammer tests for COVID 19