Hughie Fury takes on Kubrat Pulev on Saturday in Sofia, Bulgaria
Peter Fury has credited Hughie’s no-nonsense approach to boxing as his son prepares to take on Kubrat Pulev in Saturday’s IBF world heavyweight title eliminator.
Having been controversially denied a world title last year, Hughie looks to silence the Bulgarian capital of Sofia on Saturday night – live on Channel 5 – and become mandatory challenger to IBF champion Anthony Joshua.
While many boxers focus on making as much noise as possible in the media, Peter has championed Hughie’s respectful nature in shunning the limelight to focus solely on honing his craft.
Peter said: “I’d rather Hughie make his mark for what he does rather than do all this talking up and down. You’ve just got to be yourself.
“I’m not saying it’s wrong for people to do the talking. It’s up to them what they do but Hughie isn’t that character so for him to try and do all that, it’d be false. He’s just serious about his business.
“When the bell goes, it’s one against one and at the end of the fight, there’s always respect for the opponent. That’s just the way it is – this is boxing.
“He’s done it the old school way. That’s the thing. We’re looking forward to this fight and he couldn’t have got there any better or faster. He already fought for a world title, then won the British and now he’s back up there fighting for the mandatory position again.
“Hughie has been guided very, very well and we’re more than happy. He’s past what’s happened and everything happens for a reason in life.”
Watch Pulev vs. Fury live on Channel 5 this Saturday night.
Stay up to date at mtkglobal.com and on social media @mtkglobal
About MTK Global
MTK Global is the world’s foremost fighter management company. Headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, it was founded in September 2012 by two-time European boxing champion, Matthew Macklin.
MTK Global delivers a wide range of support and services including career development, legal, media, endorsements and sponsorships to more than a hundred professional fighters. It provides boxing shows, events and training gyms in various locations worldwide: Marbella, Spain, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Newcastle, United Kingdom, Johannesburg, South Africa, Sta. Catarina, Brasil and Sydney, Australia.
More Boxing News:
- Hearn says Joshua vs. Pulev will still go ahead without fans on Dec.12
- UK goverment won’t allow fans back to sporting events in October
- Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev on December 12th at O2 Arena
- Arum predicting Joshua will get beaten by Pulev: ‘London Bridges are falling down’
- Bob Arum gloats after Dillian Whyte’s loss to Alexander Povetkin
- Patrick Teixeira calls out Jermell Charlo – “I’ll end his career”
- Andy Ruiz Jr to fight in early 2021, starts training with Reynoso & Canelo today
- Devin Haney: Gamboa fight is a done deal, I can hurt him
- Oscar de La Hoya looking fast and powerful in mitts workout
- Canelo Alvarez has refiled his lawsuit against Golden Boy and DAZN