Anthony Crolla Hospitalised
By James P Sexton: This year we have seen World welterweight champion Kell Brook suffer a stab wound and former British, Irish and European champion Jamie Moore suffer two gunshots wounds.
Now it is being reported that WBO Inter-continental champion Anthony Crolla has been injured during an altercation at his home on Tuesday night.
His promoter Eddie Hearn has said that his World title challenge against Richar Abril (which was scheduled for January 23rd) will be postponed but as this was the first World title shot for the 28 year old Manchester fighter, it has come as a devastating blow to him, his team, family and fans.
Hopefully the teams can come together and renegotiate this fight, but before the extent of his injuries comes to light, its his health that is the main focus.
Crolla was hit over the head with a concrete slab and also had his ankle broken during the confrontation with two burglars after confronting the two men intruding on his and his neighbors property. He is currently in a stable condition and able to talk from the hospital in Manchester. He will have to have a surgery on the injured ankle and the deep head wound could have fractured his skull.
Hopefully he can fulfill his dream of fighting for a world title in Manchester at a later point in his career, but for now we just hope for a swift return to health.
More Boxing News:
- The Trio Vying For British Glory: Chad Sugden on Facing Shakan Pitters and Craig Richards
- Boxing Results: Ted Cheeseman defeats Sam Eggington
- Boxing Results: Srisaket Sor Rungvisai defeats Amnat Ruenroeng
- WATCH LIVE: Srisaket Sor Rungvisai vs. Amnat Ruenroeng
- Sam Eggington: ‘I think it’s a fight I definitely win and I think I win before the twelfth bell’
- Dillian Whyte previews Alexander Povetkin clash
- Eddie Hearn hoping to reach deal on Ryan Garcia vs. Luke Campbell this week
- Wladimir Klitschko coming back? promoter Tom Loeffler wants him to
- Vasily Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez not looking good for Oct.3
- Erislandy Lara fights on August 29 on FOX in Los Angeles