Loeffler: Golovkin has become Boxing’s must see attraction
In addition to breaking all attendance records this Saturday night at the StubHub Center in Carson, the acclaimed outdoor Southern California boxing venue, boxing fastest rising star, GENNADY “GGG” GOLOVKIN also scored big in the TV ratings. His HBO televised second round knockout of MARCO ANTONIO RUBIO earned a 1.3 rating, making it the second highest viewed premium cable-boxing event of 2014.
This marks a 33% increase for Golovkin from his extraordinary third round stoppage of Daniel Geale on July 26th at Madison Square Garden, also telecast on HBO.
“We’re very pleased with the TV ratings from this past Saturday night,” said TOM LOEFFLER, Managing Director of K2 Promotions. “Selling this many tickets in both NY and LA, combined with the TV ratings, it’s clear that Gennady is one of the top stars in the sport.”
Continued Loeffler, “This past Saturday night’s atmosphere at the StubHub Center truly captured the passion that Gennady’s fans have for him. In two years Gennady has become boxing’s biggest must-see attraction and we expect 2015 to catapult him to even greater heights. The best is yet to come for GGG.”
Scoring his 18th consecutive knockout, Golovkin raised his stellar record to 31-0-0 (28KO’s), increasing the highest KO percentage of any active world champion, while adding the WBC Interim Middleweight Title to his WBA and IBO Middleweight belts.
- Results / Photos: Beterbiev defeats Yarde in London
- Results / Photos: Alexis Rocha KOs George Ashie
- Does Liam Smith stand a chance against GGG?
- Boxing Results: Jesus Saracho Wins Title and Oscar Alvarez Jr. Victorious
- Anthony Joshua vs. Jermaine Franklin could be PPV says Eddie Hearn
- Andy Ruiz has experience edge against Deontay Wilder says Michael Hunter
- Eddie Hearn says Dmitry Bivol vs. Artur Beterbiev doesn’t have casual fan reach yet
- Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk targeted for April 29th for undisputed heavyweight championship