Brook-Porter weigh-in results
(Photo credit: Esther Lin/Showtime) By Jim Dower: IBF welterweight champion Shawn Porter (24-0-1, 15 KOs, and challenger Kell Brook (32-0, 22 KOs) successfully made weight on Friday for their fight this Saturday night at the StubHub Center in Carson, California. Porter weighed in at 146.75 pounds.
Porter said “I need a great performance here and that’s what I expect from myself.”
Brook weighed in at slightly less at 146.5 pounds. He looked thin like he had to drain down to make weight. You can expect Brook to put back on at least 10 pounds, possibly 15 by the time he meets up with Porter in the ring.
“He’s getting took out,” Brook said after the weigh-in. “I’m coming here to win. This is my time. I was born for this. He’s walking into a chocolate brownie from my right hand.”
Brook sounded really confident during the weigh-in and during the interview. He appears to have sized up Porter and feels he can take him.
In the co-feature, WBC super middleweight champion Sakio Bika (32-5-3, 21 KOs) weighed in at 167.75 pounds for his rematch against unbeaten Anthony Dirrell (26-0-1, 22 KOs). For his part, Dirrell, the younger brother of super middleweight Andre Dirrell, weighed in at 168 pounds.
Dirrell said “It’s going to be an easy job. I know I’m coming to do it. I don’t feel like I’m coming to do it. It’s going to be a knockout.”
Bika said “Let’s see if you’re going to come and fight and not run away.”
Dirrell and Bika fought to an exciting 12 round draw last December in a fight that had a lot of back and forth brawling. Both guys threw huge punches and kept walking forward.
WBC lightweight champion Omar Figueroa (23-0-1, 17 KOs) weighed in right at the lightweight limit at 135 pounds for his fight against #1 WBC Daniel Estrada (32-2-1, 24 KOs). Estrada weighed 134.5 pounds.
Shawn Porter 146.75 vs. Kell Brook 146.5
(IBF welterweight title)
Sakio Bika 167.75 vs. Anthony Dirrell 168
(WBC super middleweight title)
Omar Figueroa 135 vs. Daniel Estrada 134.5
(WBC lightweight title)
More Boxing News:
- Terence Crawford defends against Kell Brook on Nov.14 in Las Vegas, NV
- Bud Crawford vs Kell Brook OFFICIAL for Nov 14, LIVE on ESPN
- Dominic Ingle won’t train Kell Brook for Terence Crawford fight on Nov.14
- Crawford vs. Brook: What can Terence prove against Kell?
- Terence Crawford battles Kell Brook on November 14th on ESPN
- Keith Thurman says he’s fighting Errol Spence in 2021
- Let’s be honest about Vasily Lomachenko
- Lomachenko has undergone shoulder surgery following loss to Teofimo Lopez
- Lomachenko vs. Lopez peaked at around 3 million viewers on ESPN
- Dave Allen needs new opponent, Christian Hammer tests for COVID 19