Who is to blame: Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Manny Pacquiao for fight not happening?
By Alon Calinao Dy: Philippine pride Manny Pacquiao called out Floyd Mayweather for a boxing showdown to finally settle who is the best fighter between them. Pacquiao, however, said Mayweather has many reasons and alibis for not taking the fight. The talks of a mega-fight between the two boxing icons have existed years ago till now. Since both parties did not agree to each other’s terms and conditions, they have decided to fight different opponents that resulted a big dismay to a lot of fans. It has been a leading talk to all boxing forums, but now it seems fans are no longer interested for this dream match.
In each passing year, people would rather spend dollars watching MMA fights than any boxing shows. They are frustrated because they don’t get the bout they want, but only promoters are the ones who decide and those who have the final say, not the fans. It’s not as exciting fight any more compared to the time of Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier, who battled for supremacy.
Boxers, nowadays, compete for the money and are no longer looking for the best fights in their careers. They have been selective for their opponents and has become sorts of good revenues for their respective promoters to have fixed fights in boxing. Sometimes, errors of decision from the judges are huge disappointment for many pugilists and aficionados – an example of this was the first meeting between Timothy Bradley and Manny Pacquiao last two years ago.
Despite what’s happening in the sport of boxing, I still believe that the biggest fight of the century is going to happen this late month of a year or early next year. For most people, that’s the only best fight left out there. And these fighters, should be grateful for the support of boxing fans around the world. It’s time to fight each other and say ‘thank you’ to all people who have believed and supported them throughout the years.
More Boxing News:
- Conor McGregor looking desparate, still wants Pacquiao fight
- Arum approached by Kell Brook for Terence Crawford fight
- Errol Spence threatens to Go “Rogue” if Manny Pacquiao faces Mikey Garcia
- Manny Pacquiao adviser hints Mikey Garcia next for him
- Mayweather reacts to Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr fight announcement
- Gervonta Davis calling himself “130/135 King”
- Errol Spence has “screenshotted” his doubters, he’ll gloat after Nov.21
- Jermall Charlo gives Sergiy Derevyanchenko a warning: “What round is it going to be?”
- The Trio Vying For British Glory: Chad Sugden on Facing Shakan Pitters and Craig Richards
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz