Arreola: I’m going to embarrass Seth Mitchell
(Photo credit: Esther Lin/Showtime) By Allan Fox: Chris Arreola (35-3, 30 KO’s) wants to beat Seth Mitchell (26-1-1, 19 KO’s) bad enough to embarrass him this Saturday night in their fight at the Fantasy Springs Casino, in Indio, California, USA. Arreola is so confident that he’s going to beat Mitchell that he’s saying he might retire if he loses to him.
Arreola sees the fight as a mismatch, and it bothers him that he’s fighting a guy has once was a football player. Arreola doesn’t like that Mitchell switched sports in his 20s from football to boxing, because Arreola has been boxing most of his life, and he doesn’t think it’s possible for guys to step into boxing from another sport and succeed.
Arreola said “I’m going to make a statement and make sure that everyone remembers my fight. I’m going to embarrass this kid, Seth.”
There are a lot of ex-football players that have turned to boxing and done well. Just because they played another sport doesn’t mean that they can’t pick up the sport quickly if they’re smart, and athletic. Arreola shouldn’t get too overconfident about this fight because Mitchell has the power and the boxing skills to give Arreola a lot of problems if he gets too cocky.
Arreola is coming off of a bad beating to Bermane Stiverne in his last fight. Arreola was shattered by Stiverne. Mitchell doesn’t hit quite as hard as Stiverne, but he’s close to being as strong. Stiverne was able to outbox Arreola by keeping him on the outside, using his jab and hitting him with hard right hands each time he would attempt to get in punching range.
As the fight wore on, Arreola got tired, and lost a lot of the power on his shots. Arreola ended up being a punching bag for Stiverne in the half of the fight.
Mitchell’s chances of winning this fight aren’t good though, as he’s been hurt in his last two fights, and he seems to be vulnerable to big shots. Arreola punches harder than Mitchell’s last opponent Johnathon Banks, and Mitchell had problems taking Banks power shots.
More Boxing News:
- Luis Ortiz vs. Scott Alexander on Nov.7 on Andy Ruiz vs. Chris Arreola card
- Andy Ruiz Jr. and Chris Arreola have agreed to fight in late 2020
- Chris Arreola has NO sympathy for Andy Ruiz Jr
- Andy Ruiz Jr and Chris Arreola in discussions for fight
- Andy Ruiz Jr options for September: Arreola and Breazeale
- Boxing Results: Sergey Lipinets and Custio Clayton ends in 12-round draw
- Devin Haney reacts to Mayweather saying “too many belts”
- Hearn says Glowacki- Okolie and Ryder-Lemieux possible for Joshua-Pulev card on Dec.12
- Gervonta Davis: Teofimo Lopez’s win over Lomachenko wasn’t convincing
- Tyson Fury reaffirms he’s fighting on December 5th in London