Haye: I want Vitali to prove he can knock me out
By Scott Gilfoid: David Haye (26-2, 24 KO’s) is still talking about his dream of getting a title shot against WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko. Haye wants the 41-year-old Ukrainian to prove that he can knock him out after Vitali had previously said he wanted to KO Haye to improve the job his younger brother IBF/IBO/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko did in totally dominating a timid Haye in July 2011.
Haye said to I Film London “Deep down, I’d like to believe Vitali is a proud man. He’s promised that he’d knock me out. He said he could know me out where his brother didn’t. Does he really want to prove it or does he want to go off into Ukrainian politics. If it happens it does, if it doesn’t, it doesn’t.”
Haye is like a hungry dog with a bone, as he doesn’t want to let that bone go no matter what. Haye is really after the fight with Vitali and doesn’t seem to realize that Vitali’s silence about the fight is him likely giving Haye a message of non interest. Haye doesn’t seem to be getting that message for some reason and I wonder why.
It seems painfully obvious to me that Vitali is saying ‘Forget it, Haye, I’m not interested.’ If Vitali wanted that fight with Haye do you honestly think Vitali would have chosen the obscure fighter Manuel Charr to fight recently”
If Haye was calculating, he’d forget about Vitali and look to beat David Price, Tyson Fury, Kubrat Pulev and Tomasz Adamek. If Haye could beat all of those guys I’m sure Wladimir would be open to fighting him again as long as Haye conducted himself in a professional manner inside and outside of the ring.
I think Wladimir wouldn’t mind schooling Haye for a second time if he proved that he’s still relevant, but right now Haye is like a retired fighter trying to call out the top guys. You can’t do that if you’re not fighting. Who wants to fight a guy that is no longer an active fighter?
More Boxing News:
- Oleksandr Usyk vs. Dereck Chisora targeted for October
- David Haye Not happy with Joe Joyce’s performance against Michael Wallisch
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- David Haye discusses coming out of retirement for Joshua vs. Fury winner
- David Haye: WBC can give Dillian Whyte a Gold or Platinum title
- Jermell Charlo and Billy Joe Saunders trade trash talk
- Ryan Garcia and Devin Haney must wait for Tank Davis clash says Mayweather Promoter
- Vasily Lomachenko reducing his purse to get Teofimo Lopez fight done
- Leo Santa Cruz can’t afford to take shots from Gervonta Davis
- Eddie Hearn wants Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder 3 cancelled if it’s pushed back to February 2021