Beltran believes U.S fans will gladly come to Mexico to see Pacquiao-Marquez 5
By Chris Williams: Fernando Beltran, the promoter for Juan Manuel Marquez, feels that American fans won’t have any problems traveling to Mexico to see a fifth fight between Marquez and Manny Pacquiao.
Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum wants the Pacquiao-Marquez fifth fight to take place in Mexico City, Mexico in order to take advantage of the low taxes in the country. Both Pacquiao and Marquez are reportedly agreeable to having fewer taxes on their earnings.
Beltran said to ringtv “We will do it in an arena similar to Las Vegas with same prices. I think the economy in Mexico is going very nice and I think a lot of people from the States will go and buy the tickets.”
One area of concern that could get in the way of people traveling to Mexico is the danger involved. With the drug wars going on all over Mexico it could be a potential risk for travelers to come to Mexico to see the fight. It’s one thing being asked to travel all the way to Mexico to see Pacquiao or Marquez fight, but then when you add in the risks involved.
I’m not sure how many boxing fans from the U.S will be eager to take that trip. It’s probably going to sell out from the Mexican fans in the area, so I’m sure there won’t be any problems selling out the arena. Arum is talking about having the fight staged in an 18,000 seat arena instead of a monster stadium. Pacquiao-Marquez will definitely sell out an 18,000 seat arena no problem.
I’m just wondering if the pay per view money from the U.S fans will be tax free for Arum, Pacquiao and Marquez. It’s to imagine that not being taxed. If it is taxed at the normal rate, then the only money that won’t be taxed at a high rate is the gate money for the arena in Mexico. Given that most of the money for the fight will be coming from PPV receipts, I don’t see how Arum, Pacquiao and Marquez are coming out that much ahead.
More Boxing News:
- Conor McGregor looking desparate, still wants Pacquiao fight
- Arum approached by Kell Brook for Terence Crawford fight
- Errol Spence threatens to Go “Rogue” if Manny Pacquiao faces Mikey Garcia
- Manny Pacquiao adviser hints Mikey Garcia next for him
- Floyd Mayweather: Pacquiao fights because he has to, I fight because I want to
- Errol Spence has “screenshotted” his doubters, he’ll gloat after Nov.21
- Jermall Charlo gives Sergiy Derevyanchenko a warning: “What round is it going to be?”
- The Trio Vying For British Glory: Chad Sugden on Facing Shakan Pitters and Craig Richards
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz
- Devin Haney will clear out 135 & 140-lb divisions says Mickey Bey