Soto-Karass had easier time with Aydin than Guerrero
By Allan Fox: After watching Jesus Soto-Karass (27-8-3, 17 KO’s) easily beat Selcuk Aydin (23-2, 17 KO’s) last Saturday night in a 12 round majority decision victory, suddenly Robert Guerrero’s 12 round unanimous decision victory over Aydin isn’t looking so special now.
In watching those two fights, it’s clear that Soto-Karass has a much easier time against Aydin compared to Guerrero. Forget about the fact that Guerrero beat Aydin by a 12 round unanimous decision compared to the 12 round majority decision victory that Soto-Karass earned against Aydin.
Soto-Karass looked a lot better against Aydin than Guerrero did, and there’s really comparison of the two. Soto-Karrass fought the better fight against Aydin by dominating him both on the inside and outside, and out-landing him by wide margin.
What this comparison suggests is that Guerrero isn’t as good as some people are giving him credit for being. Guerrero is certainly a really good fighter, but I don’t see him being any better than Soto-Karass, and in fact I think Guerrero would struggle badly if he had to fight Soto-Karass.
Of the two, Soto-Karrass is bigger and stronger than Guerrero. He’s also a better inside fighter, and a better brawler as well. Guerrero would have to come up with a new angle to his game if he were to fight Soto-Karass because I think he would have problems against him.
Guerrero is being mentioned as a possible opponent for Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. At 30, Soto-Karass is peaking at the right time in his career, and if he can pick up some important wins over some of the other top contenders at welterweight like Andre Berto, Kell Brook and Randall Bailey, then he could be in thick of things and get a title shot.
Soto-Karass gave Marcos Maidana tons of problems in losing by an 8th round TKO last year in September, and had Maidana hurt on a couple of occasions until getting stopped. Had Soto-Karass been able to take the big shots from Maidana in the 7th, he might have been able to go onto beating him.
More Boxing News:
- Photos / Results: Robert Guerrero & Joey Spencer Win on PPV Prelims
- Errol Spence decisions Shawn Porter – Live results
- Spence vs. Porter undercard final press conference quotes
- Shawn Porter, Anthony Dirrell & Robert Guerrero Las Vegas media quotes
- David Benavidez & Mario Barrios, & Josesito Lopez discuss Mexican Independence day holiday
- Fury expects to fight Joshua x 2 next year, but not overlooking Wilder
- Arum responds to Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury RUMORS
- Tyson vs. Holyfield 3 Preview
- Ryan Garcia: Jorge Linares fight ISN’T happening
- Saunders: Canelo is in my WORLD inside an empty arena