Pacquiao: I’m going to throw a lot of punches against Marquez
By Chris Williams: Little by little, Manny Pacquiao is slowly revealing what his game plan will be for his December 8th fight against Juan Manuel Marquez, and the more we learn of the plan the more it becomes obvious that this is the same old stale game plan that has failed Pacquiao on three previous occasions against Marquez. Pacquiao is basically doing to TRY to throw a lot of punches and use the same in and out movement that he used – without success – against Marquez in the past.
Speaking with the Manila Bulletin at mb.com.ph, Pacquiao said “The important thing for me is to keep busy throwing lots of punches.”
Great plan. Throw a lot of punches at a counter puncher. Pacquiao tried that three times and three times he’s failed miserably, although he was given decisions in two of those fights, but only a small portion of the boxing public agreed with that decision. A great many fans felt that Pacquiao deserved to lose both of those fights as well as the first fight.
I wonder why Pacuiao’s trainer Freddie Roach said they were going to come up with a new fight strategy for this fight when it just sounds like Pacquiao is going to be Pacquiao and fight the same way he always does.
It’s going to be tough for Pacquiao to be able to fulfill his goal of throwing a lot of shots and using a lot of movement when he’s become a fighter that only puts out effort near the ends of the rounds. He’s fighting hard for the full three minutes any more, and he hasn’t shown the ability to move around the ring in three years. What makes things different for this fight is unknown. If Pacquiao could move like he used to then don’t you think he would have shown it in the last three fights?
More Boxing News:
- Conor McGregor looking desparate, still wants Pacquiao fight
- Arum approached by Kell Brook for Terence Crawford fight
- Errol Spence threatens to Go “Rogue” if Manny Pacquiao faces Mikey Garcia
- Manny Pacquiao adviser hints Mikey Garcia next for him
- Floyd Mayweather: Pacquiao fights because he has to, I fight because I want to
- Errol Spence has “screenshotted” his doubters, he’ll gloat after Nov.21
- Jermall Charlo gives Sergiy Derevyanchenko a warning: “What round is it going to be?”
- The Trio Vying For British Glory: Chad Sugden on Facing Shakan Pitters and Craig Richards
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz
- Devin Haney will clear out 135 & 140-lb divisions says Mickey Bey